George San jose

Actually around here, I think it was 1968 so it’s a little fuzzy and I got the story second hand because I was 200 miles away, but a guy shot his wife’s partner in their home and no case was ever brought. Surprised her at lunch and shot the guy coming down the stairs to their apartment. Well, hey, it actually is a still a crime in most places yet.

I hope and pray for thing’s to go ok for you and will await your return.

Thank you very much.
They are just re-starting “elective” (anything other than a dire emergency) surgery in my area, so I don’t even know exactly when I will go under the knife. In the meantime, I am praying each night for a good outcome.

2 Likes

Best of luck @VDCdriver

1 Like

Best of luck.

1 Like

Someone else we haven’t seen for a while (before the virus) is @WheresRick, the “drum brake enthusiast”.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery @VDCdriver.

4 Likes

The last thread mountainbike was involved in was 2 years ago this month. It was a very heated thread where his skill and knowledge were questioned and he was furious. I recall reading a reply where he stated he’s leaving this board due to that exchange, though I don’t see that reply now.

That thread was the last time he logged into this board.

Are you sure you got that right I seem to remember that it was irlandes that did that?

Pull up his profile and you’ll see his last thread, post, and login. It was June 2018.

I have been known to be wrong.

1 Like

I look forward to your return after surgery. Good luck.

All the best VDCdriver with your surgery. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

1 Like

I have several B-52 friends. They have probably heard that one. There is an ‘Aviation Humor’ website where I got these 2 favorites. One is B-52 and the other is commercial airliner with a bomber connection.
(1). An F-4 Phantom had one engine fail. The pilot contacted tower and declared an emergency. Tower replied “Roger” and notified the pilot there was a B-52 with an engine out ahead of him. The F-4 pilot commented: “Oh! My! The dreaded seven engine landing”.
(2). A BOAC (British Airways) airliner landed at Frankfurt. The captain contacted ground control and requested taxi instructions to his gate. The snarky German replied: “This must be your first visit to Frankfurt”. The captain replied: “No. I visited Frankfurt several times in 1944 but it was dark and we didn’t stop”.

4 Likes

Best of luck to you VDCdriver. My thoughts are with you. I’ve been through 14 surgeries with 15 coming up week after next although 14/15 are comparatively minor next to the first 13. Thinking about changing my ID to Scar Tissue…

Chin up and think positive. It’s worked for me up to this point anyway although the surgeons at times have had concerns about my blase’ attitude towards getting cut on. It kind of becomes old hat…

Yup . . .

I had deep cleaning for my teeth scheduled in April, but that obviously didn’t happen

I just had my 1st session last Wednesday; the next one’s this upcoming Wednesday

I didn’t even have a choice, when it came time to choose an appointment. They said this is what we have, take it or leave it

I have fond memories of those heated discussions. I clearly remember him stating he bought a Caprice with drum brakes all around, just to prove a point, but it didn’t work. He said the brakes faded and he wasn’t able to stop in time, winding up in the intersection, rather than behind the line.

I believe you may be referring to Douglas Bader, a double leg amputee who was an amazing pilot during the second war. If you’ve not seen “Reach for the sky” I highly recommend it :+1:

Joe , yes Mr. Mountainbike was upset but I did not see the leaving part. And I also remember Irlandes saying he was done because he was tired of people questioning him.

It was me . . .

I’m the one that constantly questioned him

In September 2011 my Brother and I visited our Uncle and Aunt in Joplin, MO soon after the FS-5 +++ tornado. Their house was OK. 3 blocks East was worse than Hiroshima!

Biker days, live hard die young and make a good looking corpse, my fail.

A lot of people think a tornado always comes across as a funnel but most people who get caught in one never see it coming. It’s simply a wall of rain, dirt, etc. The one that tore up El Reno, OK a few years ago was 2 miles wide and highly unpredictable. That one killed Tim Samaras, his son, and Carl Young. Tim was still belted in the seat. In the pic here the engine/trans/front suspension has been fished out of a field and deposited near what’s left of the Chevy Cruze.

Samaras was correct. He said several times that “someone is going to get killed doing this”. And some of them have already been killed as the storm chaser thing creates problems with traffic jams and interference with emergency vehicles.