George, you OK?

@George_San_Jose1 are you ok? I heard there was a good sized earthquake in San Jose.

4 Likes

He mentioned it a while ago

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t notice OMG’s query. No earthquake problems for me at least. Standing at stove cooking eggs at the time, didn’t actually feel anything, just heard the roof shaking slightly, sort of like when the wind makes an oscillating/rustling sound when blowing against a tarp. Hanging light fixture showed a little motion, that was about it. Hard to tell the difference from this earthquake vs big truck going by.

1 Like

I experienced a 5.5 earthquake in San Jose. I had just left the restaurant and was driving down a wide boulevard when the car started bucking wildly. I thought that was odd, I’ve never had a rental behave that way. I’ll contact the rental company when I get to the hotel. Then I looked ahead and saw traffic light waving erratically and trees shaking. It occurred to me at that point it might be an earthquake. I checked the news when I returned to the hotel and sure enough, that’s what happened.

George, you get the earthquake questions :wink: and we get the hurricane questions :palm_tree:

Glad you had no issues!

2 Likes

Yeah he said it didn’t break any eggs if I remember. I think they float too so good for both.

Not if they float. if you put an egg in a glass of water and it floats it means that it is bad. stays on the bottom then its good.

1 Like

You appear to be correct. I don’t put them in water until cooked and drop them in a bowl to cool with ice. Now you got me curious.

We’ve got a new high school principal and while talking about some of the things he wants to do, I said I was sorry I could not take any shop classes after junior high. I also said I wish I could have had home ec because I can’t cook or sew. Seem to be kind of life skills as much as algebra.

How to tell if eggs are good or are no longer fresh: the egg float test.

One of the easiest ways to check if eggs are still good is by using the egg float test. Sidoti elaborates on exactly how to tell if eggs are good or not with the egg float test: “Fresh eggs will sink to the bottom of the bowl on their sides. Older eggs will sink to the bottom at a tilted or upright position. If the eggs float, they’re too old and you should toss them.”

How to use the egg float test:

1. Fill up a see-through flat-bottomed bowl, pot, or tall glass with water. The water should be able to cover an egg completely plus a few inches.
  2. Drop the questionable egg in the water. If it isn’t completely submerged or is only barely covered by water, add more water.
  3. If the egg sinks to the bottom, that means it’s still good to eat. If the egg floats to the top, that means it has gone bad, and it should be thrown out promptly. If an egg sinks to the bottom but sits in a tilted or upright position, that means it’s on the older side and should be consumed sooner rather than later.
1 Like

Thanks very much

How do you consumer the just older side? :rofl: :joy: j/k

I actually drove in straight line after leaving bar. For once.