Gas prices... currently, from all y'all?

Gas was $4.09 using a credit card in downtown Oakland. That’s very high, even for the Bay Area. Regular is about $3.49 right now. My hair doesn’t need cutting (and I mow it down myself anyway), it’s about 55 degrees and not raining or snowing. I’ve got about $23.00 in my wallet, my heart is still thumping along, and dinner was OK. As long as I stay away from the news, I’m pretty happy.

Gas jumped 35 cents since yesterday. Around here it always goes up like that but the price drops only by one or two cents at a time.

Bradenton, Manatee County FL COSTCO Top Tier unleaded gasoline:

Prices dropped!

regular _ $2.269 (2.27) / U.S. gallon
premium $2.619 (2.62) / U.S. gallon

:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

@Marnet, check prices again Tuesday. That is usually the lowest price day. Weekends are always highest. Day of the week fill-ups might account for the price swing.

Definitely the price pattern. What irritates me is how prices typically jump a lot all at once overnight but decrease at a slow trickle for several weeks with weekend moderate bumps up during the greater pattern. Price hikes of thirty-five cents at once are common but price decreases are never more than one to three cents at a time.

What get’s me is every time a hurricane come’s up the gulf even before it hit’s land the price’ make a big jump then take’s forever to drop after every thing is over with.

That’s because the offshore platforms and refineries are shut down quickly. It takes weeks to restart them.

5 Likes

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Wait wait wait, are you saying a hurricane is coming?

I hope not just going from past experience.

It’s not hurricane season, which runs from May through December. Almost all of them are in July, August, and September. The Atlantic Ocean isn’t warm enough to generate the evaporation necessary for a hurricane during the other months.

The official season actually runs June 1st through November 30th, six months. Hurricanes can occur and have occurred outside of those parameters, but very rarely.

It is indeed the warm ocean water during the season that provides the energy necessary.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Perhaps an electronic equivalent of the bar in Cheers. @cdaquila could play Carla?

1 Like

You know, this talk about gas prices has made me realize just how cheap gasoline is these days, even if it’s close to $4/gallon in some places.

I got my driver’s license in 1985. My minimum wage after-school and weekend job paid $3.35/hour. A gallon of gas was 93 cents at the Exxon station (in SoCal) and a pack of cigarettes was $1.40 at Thrifty Drug.

Now minimum wage is $12/hr., a pack of smokes costs me $7, and gas is $2.89. Seems to me I could buy more gas but fewer cigarettes on minimum wage now than I could in high school. :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct!
It is now Florida’s Iguanas Falling From Trees Season.
Look out below!!!

QT price now under $2/gallon - $1.989. First time in several years.

I read that article last week…It’s hilarious.

Bradenton, Manatee County FL COSTCO Top Tier unleaded gasoline:

Prices dropped here, again!

regular _ $2.169 (2.17) / U.S. gallon
premium $2.569 (2.57) / U.S. gallon

:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Oil’s dropping because of the global downturn fears from the virus.

Is QT Top Tier or just generic gas like our WaWa or Speedway cheap gas?
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree: