Gas prices... currently, from all y'all?

Yeah, unfortunately, that wasn’t possible in that parking lot in the AM, due to the flow of traffic, so I had no choice but to “head in” in the morning, and back out in the afternoon.

In shopping mall parking lots, I always search for parking spots where I can “drive through”, so that I can “head out” when I am leaving. The folks who truly fascinate me are the ones who pull into a mall parking space, while ignoring the empty space in front of them. And, in almost every case, they choose to back out of that space later, even if the space in front of them is still empty.
:crazy_face:

Apparently, these folks can’t “reason” their way out of even the most obvious situation.

1 Like

I made sure the cup holders were satisfactory in my wife’s 2019Odyssey EX-L. We’re also pleased with the blind spot monitor. I don’t drive it much, but she likes the other remote sensing safety features.

1 Like

He commutes on a particularly nerve-racking stretch of highway with a lot of speedy tractor-trailers. (I hate it.) His other car had the feature and he said it made him feel more secure, because he doesn’t have the same degree of mobility in his neck anymore. He liked the ride of the Camry he tried, but the dealer didn’t have one with the blind spot feature on the lot.

Unfortunately , I know what that lack of neck mobility is like .

Even with good neck mobility which I am not entirely provided with, with the head rests and high seats and seats molded to not allow you to move, you can’t see anything anyway.

After reading through this thread it seems obvious to me that we need a division or a dedicated thread for the usual blather that used to get exchanged in a gas station or a barber shop (hair salon) or the lunch counter at the drug store. It starts with cars and weaves back in and out, and it’s just neighborhood noise, but it’s fun. Maybe @cdaquila has some ideas if it can be done.

1 Like

I got my hair cut today. It was pretty boring talking about south Texas and the war until a guy just walked in off the street. He said he just wanted to get warm for a few minutes. No prob man. Been there done that. Then went shopping with the wife and saw the tank was down to 1/2. Filled it up for $19.01 but I’ll be danged if I even looked at how much a gallon it was. Just too cold to even look. So I dunno, this is pretty boring stuff going on in my cold little corner of the world. Not sure anyone else is interested.

So as far as gas prices 3.82-3.87 a gallon where I’m at

Topped off the tank earlier today at $1.94 so I have a full tank before mixed snow and ice arrives tomorrow. I’ll stay at home with the car garaged as much as possible for the icy duration over the next few days but still prefer a full tank just in case.

Enjoying the recent low prices while they last but won’t be surprised when they go back up.

By the way, that $1.94 and nine tenths is really $1.95 in my mind as I know to always round up for the real price.

What neck of the woods are you in? Those are pretty high prices!
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Good morning. Yes, I know the conversation weaves in and out. I usually only say something when it weaves out and stays out. This got onto home prices and geography and all that. If it came back, I wouldn’t have stuck my head in.

We have talked about the random threads or a place to talk about off-topic stuff, but I find that when we get and stay off cars, it gets ugly because somehow all roads (har har) come back to politics.

In central VA, gas prices are manageable.

Nice car. Guy I work with bought a new (2019) Rav4 last year. They are actually bigger then the first generation Highlanders. I was also amazed how comfortable it is. Very comparable with my 14 Highlander. And the hybrid gets about 41mpg.

Oh? Which one did you get cut?

Did you go to the barber with nice looking haircut or the barber with the screwed up haircut? Do you remember the episode where Tom & Ray had a big discussion about that (it could have been a Puzzler)?
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I’m north of Los Angeles California in a town called Palmdale.

$2.009 at least two places in Kansas City, MO. Was in Jackson, WY for the past week, and it was $2.699 there, from Rock Springs north to Jackson. Wyoming gas seems quite a bit more expensive than when I traveled up there in the 1970s-1980’s.

Our F150 has an excellent blind spot monitor, and all of our future cars will have them. The one on the Santa Fe is rear only.

OK, current report from Southern Minnesnowta. $2.37.9 so its gone down a little. 32 degrees though and snowing again. I have a cost per degree index so to get an additional 50 degrees of warmth, I figure $3000 so $60 per degree. Kinda makes turning the thermostat up a bargain but all the lakes are frozen here so no boats are out.

At last you spelled the state right.

Yep, Spellcheck is your friend.

1 Like

I paid $2.389 today in my neighborhood at a Shell station that is usually expensive. The BP across the street wanted $2.539. They are usually the same price. I could have gone a few days longer, but the price was too good to pass up.