Weird Buick

The left turn signal clicks real fast, the left rear window is inoperative and the electric trunk latch is inoperative. all fuses test ok. When activating the trunk latch from the key fob, I can hear the relay click under the dash but no action on the latch. I’m going to try to eliminate the turn signal by replacing the bulb and /or the blinker as I think it is coincendital to the window and trunk problem but not related. Any other ideas???

Thanks

?The left turn signal clicks real fast,?

Step out of the car and note which turn signal bulb is not flashing; replace defective bulb.
If it is the front turn signal, test the bulb, and also test the little plastic connector the bulb plugs into. These connectors (about $25 at dealer) tend to burn out because the same bulb is part of the daytime running light system, and the connector ?cooks?.
?the left rear window is inoperative?
Does it still make a motor sound? The mechanism which raises and lowers the window is fragile and easily broken by driving over railroad tracks or other rough bumps. If so, you will be able to hear a motor noise, but the window will not move.
Also, the window will start to sag lower. The replacement mechanism costs $127 (CarQuest), or if you want a challenge, buy $3 worth of steel cable and cable clamps at the hardware store. Since moving the left rear window is not vital to driver comfort or safety, I recommend sliding the window to its uppermost position and applying duct tape of the appropriate color to top and bottom of the window.
If no sound is heard when activating either of the switches controlling the left rear door, suspect the switch on the rear door.
?and the electric trunk latch is inoperative. all fuses test ok. When activating the trunk latch from the key fob, I can hear the relay click under the dash but no action on the latch.?
Open the trunk. Was the trunk hard to open with the key? Could be the trunk got deformed by the same bump that knocked out the window regulator. Does the trunk close and latch as smoothly as it has in the past?
Stand next to trunk as you activate the trunk switch Do you hear a sound from the trunk latch mechanism? Do you see any movement?

?I’m going to try to eliminate the turn signal by replacing the bulb and /or the blinker?
It is not the blinker ?(flasher)? if ?The left turn signal clicks real fast.?
It is definitely the bulb or electrical connection.
as I think it is coincidental to the window and trunk problem?

Have you hit any big potholes or other bumps recently?
While there is no direct connection in the electrical system between these three devices, I believe the wires leading to the left rear turn signal, the trunk latch, and the left rear window run under the carpet along the left side of the floor. Any cuts in your carpet?
RSVP
HotelMike41

Well…it was the turn signal bulb just as I suspected. I haven’t had time to fully investigate the trunk switch and left rear window yet. To answer HotelMike41s questions – The window doesn’t make any sound at all when activated from either switch. The trunk latch doesn’t make any noise in the back either only a relay click from under the dash. Now…I did notice that the trunk won’t pop up when unlocked with the key, I think the gas strut has failed and maybe that is the reason the latch won’t work but I doubt it.

Thanks, I really appreciate your suggestions

wd0ftw

You’ll have to remove the door panel and check for continuity to the rear window motor.

You MAY have a broken wire between the door and the door post. MAY have.

My suspicion lies in a faulty drivers door window switch though.

Next time you use the key on the trunk, pull the lid up manually. Did you already try that?
If you can’t, then I would think the latch itself (or the solenoid (perhaps the wire connection to it) that activates the latch) may be the culprit.