Water 4 gas?

Sorry, I don’t buy it. It’s just another spin of the same old scam. The fact that it’s reported as “news” does not mean it’s true. As a matter of fact, my opinion of many things reported during the news is that it’s not news at all, but a paid infomercial. I’ve even mailed several news operations and asked them point blank if they receive any financial consideration from any of these companies related to the stories. So far, no one’s talkin’ and that just reinforces my theory that “journalism” is on the take.

After reading through the Hydranox5000 website all I can say is - what a utter crock. The engine computer “allows more air” into the engine? Not; the foot does that. “Excess pure oxygen” is routed into the passenger compartment so one can breathe better? Ha.
The alternator puts out more than is needed? The engine does not need oxygen? “Recalibrate” the timing and the oxygen sensors. Just how pray tell, would would “recalibrate” the oxygen sensors?

That entire site is pure bilge and modern cars are running as lean as they can right now. Any leaner and the car is going to buck and jerk. It’s always amazing how these Mickey Mouse boiler room operations manage to work their way around the stoichiometric ratio.

what BS!!! If you separated water into H2 and 02 and then burned it in some sort of engine, there would be NO net gain, the energy used to separate it would equal the energy from when it is burned, plus losses.

Your statement is full of errors. “Hydrogen is present in the air arround us”. False. Yes there is water in the air around us, and that contains hydrogen, but that is tightly bound to the water molecules, and takes a lot of energy to separate out.

You can get a 10% increase in milage by careful driving. Only a double blind test would be conclusive proof. For example, if you tell someone that you are testing a system to increase milage in their car, they will tend to drive more carefully, thus the increase in milage.

When the first jet engine was demonstrated to Hitler, it ran on hydrogen. Hydrogen was used to con people back then and it still is today!

Not to mention that vehicles get about 10% better mileage in the summer anyway.

Plus, running lean will dramatically increase the NOx in the exhaust… which is bad.

So just how long does 16 ounces of water last?

If we ever figure out how to “unburn” water back into hydrogen without giving back all of the energy that was released when the hydrogen originally burned to form water, there will be no need to do so because if we could do that, we could also just build highways that go downhill in both directions of a round trip and we would only have to release our brakes and coast everywhere we drive. I’m sure M. C. Escher could draw up the plans for such a highway.

You didn’t read what I wrote… The ECU adjusts the fuel in the air/fuel mixture by using the O2 sensors.

900 miles in temps above 70 dergrees in cold weather… the water level doesn’t drop, the water needs to be warm for the unit to operate.

Quote from ok4450 “The alternator puts out more than is needed?”

Yes it does… that is why you can add additional electronics like stereo amps, GPS units satelite radios ect. without effecting fuel economy. When a car is operating the altinator produces enough electricity to operate the car and re-charge the battery, as well as operate any additional electronics you plug into the accessory plugs in the vehicle. That being said… if you plug in a high wattage power inverter to a car and try to power say… a desktop computer, then it would effect fuel economy because the altinator would put more of a load on the engine.

As for the Stoichiometric ratio… The ECU attempts to maintain 14 parts Oxygen to 1 part fuel, if the oxygen content of the intake air is changed by adding other gases, the computer adjusts the amount of fuel being added. In addition you are only partly correct, a modern engine has an operating range of 12 to 16 parts Oxygen to 1 part fuel for the stoichiometric ratio before the engine would sputter richer than 12 or leaner than 14 can cause operational problems the air/fuel ratio in an engine is not a constant (except in that it is constantly changing while the engine is operating). If you doubt this install a air/fuel ratio guage in your car. It will bounce from one end of the scale to the other any time the car is moving.

If the water level isn’t dropping, then this thing really isn’t doing anything. You can’t split water into H2 and O2 without using some of the water. Not possible. Period.

Also, the alternator DOES NOT produce extra current. The alternator meets demand, more load on the electrical system means the alternator is harder to turn and thus more load on the engine. Basic physics, no way around it.

Only the output of the altinator is regulated, not the generated energy. The only way to change the amount of generated energy from an altinator is to increase the RPM of the armature. This is why most altinators do not produce power before the engine is at or above 1,000 RPM. All energy beyond what the regulator allows into the electrical system of the car is waisted.

You are not understanding. Let me rephrase so it will be clear…

As I said, no diffrence in winter. and I do not need to add water in cold weather.

Comparing the summer before I installed the device to the summer after I installed the device there was a 10% increase in fuel economy. and I have to add water every 900 miles.

The altinator in a car is composed internally of two parts, the generator and regulator. Simply by turning the armature in the generator portion of the altinator the generator attempts to produce current even if that current is not allowed into the car’s electrical system either because it is below the minimum or above the maximum threshold of the regulator. The regulator limits the amount of power comming out of the generator so the car’s electrical system is not overloaded.

The unit makes use of the electrical energy that is below the minimum threshold of the regulator.

in cold weather… the water level doesn’t drop, the water needs to be warm for the unit to operate.

If it just sits there in the winter, why bother with it? and besides, I’d be worried about the container freezing in the winter time and having the container split open and drop a large chunk of ice into the engine bay

To answer your question… I just don’t drive a long enough distance comuting to work for the unit to get up to operating temperature in the winter. The unit uses salt water takes much lower temperatures to freeze, so far this winter the water in the unit has not frozen. If I decided to it would be very easy to remove the unit for winter storage, or I could empty the unit and disconnect the power wire and just leave it under the hood. The unit only took about 15 min. to install, and the hardest part was finding a place to connect the positive power lead that would shut off with the ignition switch.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP! I work in the fuels industry and with the addition of ethanol it is imperative to keep water out of the system as much as possible! All fuels contains some trace amounts of water in them… but with the addition of ethanol into the blend you do not want to add any more water to the system. Also do NOT attempt to fill your car with E85 UNLESS it is a truly a FFV (Flexible Fuel Vehicle)! Ethanol is highly corrosive and burns much hotter than regular gasoline which will damage engine parts quickly if not the type. If you want to check if your vehicle can use E85 then go to this website at http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/flexfuelvehicles.php

Placebo effect run amok.
Here is where this scam got started, and as usual the conspiracy nuts are hard at it.

Well it needs two alternate universes to work. In the first one the disassociation energy of the H2O molecule is very low. Then you take these two gases to another universe like ours where the energy released is more and viola you have a process. HaHaHaHaHa

So how about some detail as to your engineering, automotive, and electrical schooling.

I reiterate; the alt. puts out what is needed. Are you familiar with volts/amps inversion? If you add electrical items you’re not using that alleged “extra” power the alt. is putting out; you’re forcing the alternator to step it up a bit.
The stoichiometric ratio is very familiar to me and the ECU uses far more than the O2s to adjust the fuel/air mix.

Comments on this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer
Second question. Why do you suppose the car makers have never put this amazing device into production on the assembly line?

You are right but the WWII water injection was water + methanol injection which was also used in the pre-after burner years on the aircraft to give the additional thrust, in case of piston aircraft, it was always the large turbo charged Double Wasp or equivalent. The downside to water methanol injection in a modern engine is upsetting the chemistry inside the combustion chamber which may introduce corrosion or increase your emissions. The combustion in a modern engine is very carefully studied and modeled in great detail and incorporating some of that knowledge in the engine control gives you better Nox andHydrocarbon emissions.
If you are looking for just power, try Nitrous Oxide that will surprise you. Incedently the Germans used the nitrous in the famous inverted Vee 12 cylinder DB601 derivatives in WWII.
And twin supercharged and twin intercooled Merlin was the best Britan could offer later in the war.

4 years USN as a naval engineer, operating/repairing “D” type Babcox/Wilcox boilers, Shipboard electic generators, Shipboard hydrolic systems (including the ship’s crain), shipboard water purification systems, shipboard air conditioning systems, shipboard diesel engines, and diesel fork lifts, and refueling/repairing aircraft (specifically helecopters and harrier jets).

I also have a bachelour of sciece degree in computer software design, development, and analysis with minors in business management, accounting and human psychology. I have also had several college level courses in chemestry and physics.

The web site you refrenced is correct, there is no perpetual motion device. However, separating water into hydrogen and oxygen by passing small amounts of current through it can easily be done, and does work as described on that web site.

You are quite correct, The altinator does operate in the way you describe, however it does also produce voltage any time it is turned above it’s designed minimum operating RPM (you can test this with a Multitester, while using a car battery to run a car with the altinator unhooked.

I was over simplifying. I am well aware that the ECU uses other input (like intake air temperature, air flow rate through the intake, etc. in addition to the oxygen content of the exhaust gases to adjust fuel/air ratio.

The device I have installed in my car will make use of up to 10 Amps @12 Volts. Typically a 10 Amp (or less) power draw from the altinator will not noticably effect fuel consumption, if the car is in good working order. (It takes more than 10 Amps to recharge the typical car battery, and provide the minimum amount of electricity to operate the car’s engine). a car’s electrical system is not 100% efficient, the altinator does turn any time the engine turns, and always produces some current while turning, all of that current is not always used.

The device I have installed simply makes use of wasted energy and puts part of it back into the system, thereby increasing fuel economy.