Water4Gas?

Recently my husband has been reading on line about a process called water4gas which apparently allows you to get a few parts from the hardware store and add them to your car to extract hydrogen from a container of water and feed it into your gas mixture. this apparently will increase gas mileage substantially. It involves buying the plans for about $100 and whatever the hardware parts cost. He and a friend, neither particularly mechanical,want to try this on our 2000 Honda Accord. My questions are-does anyone know anything about this process? Is it safe? Does it work? If it does,why hasn’t the guy who invented it sold it to a major auto maker? Should I just smile and say “Go ahead, dear”, or should I lay down the law,“Not on my car, you don’t” . Knowledgeable input would be most appreciated.

It doesn’t work. Not even close. Some swindler is scamming you out of $100.

No way, it will not work after he spends a lot of money.

You are clearly much smarter than your husband. As the others have already stated, this is a scam.

And, as you sagely asked, if this works, “why hasn’t the guy who invented it sold it to a major auto maker?” The answer to your very observant question is–because it doesn’t work.

It is a shame that your husband is so gullible, but it is very good that you are there to balance his poor judgment.

This is as far as I needed to go on your site-

…I’m vigorously working on a perpetual engine as we speak

Please answer the following questions; What volume of hydrogen gas does your system produce in one minute? At what altitude do you run your car? What is your engine displacement?

Gee. I don’t know what to say.

I’m putting on my alumnum hat now…

If you really believed in this product, shouldn’t it come with a guarantee instead of a disclaimer?

Everyone needs to flag this guy when he posts so we can get him banned.

What a bunch of bull shit. I hope this gets the moderators attention.

To the lady who asked this question originally: You wanted to know how to advise your husband.

"Should I just smile and say “Go ahead, dear”, or should I lay down the law, “Not on my car, you don’t”

If this were simply a matter of bigger tires or aftermarket seat warmers, just shrug a “Go ahead, dear.” But this is a case where a pair of bumbling amateurs (Laurel & Hardy?) must take a hacksaw to some fuel lines… All this to install a product that won’t work. My advice: “Do it to your buddy’s car!”

I don’t have to make one to know you are full of crap. I’ve been working on cars for over 25 years and you are scamming people because this doesn’t work… period.

You cannot come on this board promoting your so called product with out any proof(frankly because none exists) and get away with it.

You will get banned from this board… count on it.

so then willey…by all means report me, get me banned…I really don’t care. 25 years of ignorance is still 25 years of ignorance. Open your eyes, open your mind. I’m not a scientist but like I said. 43% increase in gas mileage because I introduced hydrogen and oxygen into my air intake is always going to be a 43% increase in gas mileage. So, make yourself happy, be ignorant and report me for spamming or promoting my product that I am BEGGING people to copy and make themselves. I don’t care. If I can only help the people I work with and the people who have seen my car for themselves then so be it. At least I’ve made a contribution in my life time. Have you? You say this doesn’t work because you’ve been a mechanic for 25 years. Well, tell me this. Why, in World War II, did the pilots fly low over the ocean before rising back to altitude to make their runs? Because it was a cool thing to do? Pretty sure that’s not it. It was specifically because they learned that sucking the hydrogen and oxygen that naturally releases itself from water (wether it’s distilled, salt or fresh) into their engines increased their flying range. In short, it saved their gas. Prove me wrong, please.