Ultimate Guy and Chick Cars

Ulimate Guy car: Infinity FX45 not the 6 cylinder FX35

I know around here a jacked up 4x4 if in good condition will have the ladies swarming over you. ford chevy dodge doesn’t really matter don’t forget the accessories like brushgaurd, lights, grab handles, etc. and you will have all the women you ever want

So I guess those of us women who ride bikes should be able to pick up any guy we want? I do know that my old custom sportster was a magnet to everyone. Looked as fast as it went. Then I got old and bought a ‘practical’ bike.

Hmmm…Have those women lost most of their teeth by the age of 30?
Do they usually marry their cousins?
Do they want to advance to a job where they can ask, “Do you want fries with that?”

Yup, I thought so.

;-))

As a “chick”, I never thought of my 2000 VW New Beetle as a “chick car” but since it’s #1 of the chick car list, I guess it is. I’ve always instead had a nostolgic feel driving it as the VW “Old” Beetle was the 1st and only car my family could afford when we 1st immigrated to the US. On another note, I’ve recently been thinking of replacing my Beetle with a BMW Mini, but I don’t see that on either the Chick list or Guy list. Where does the Mini rank?

The Mini could be either one; I see a broad mix of drivers in these cars. Women like them because they are easy to park, have grear visibility in traffic, and fun to drive. Men like them because the more powerful version is a real “pocket rocket”, and have great road holding capability. After all, it’s a BMW!

My wife actually won one of the older ones in a draw.

My submission for “Chick Car” is a 1950 Willys Jeepster Convertable. A close friend of mine has a large car collection and I frequently drive them, especially on weekend dates with my girlfriend, Susan. Well, let me tell you, she is absolutley smitten with this thing, as are every other girl that has ever seen it. We did a vintage pin-up photo shoot with a bunch of old cars, and every girl wanted her picture taken with this little red beauty! Had I known what a chick magnet these where, would have bought one when I was 16!!

My wife calls my bike “the death trap”. Maybe it doesn’t work for lesbians.

Subaru would like you to think so. They do an awful lot of advertising on LOGO and one of their first ‘celebrity spokespeople’ was Martina Navrotilova. I’ve only known 2 women (lesbians) who ever drove a Subaru. One still owns an Outback that she bought new in about 2000. Another had a yellow 80’s Subaru station wagon in the early 90’s. It had fake ‘wood’ paneling on the sides and, as a result of transporting a friend’s pregnant cat, forever after, when it was warm, had the lingering scent of feline amniotic fluid.

The chick car is a Sunfire, Cavalier, or VW Bug. A guys car is a Prelude, Civic, or anything by Dodge…except the Neon

Dear Tom and Ray,

I have been happily married for 18 years. (I have to be careful what I write because my wife listens to your show and you might read this on the air.) I also have two amazing daughters. This experience has taught me a great deal about women and their unique perspective on the world. Knowledge that would have served me well as a single man but is now useless. Sort of like being an oceanographer in Cell Block D.

Women look at the car a man drives exactly as they would look at his attire. How a man dresses tells you a great deal about him. Is he successful in his career, what are his hobbies and interests and how much self esteem does he have?

So the theory that an expensive car is a chick magnet is not very accurate. If a man drives an expensive car it may indicate that he is insecure and is over compensating. Like the guy that drives the Ferrari in a large city. His clothing equivalent would be a shirt open to his navel and 12 pounds of gold chains. If on the other hand he drives an S-class Mercedes then this would be the equivalent to a finely tailored Armani suit.

Here are some car to clothing parallels that might serve as guidance to your listeners who are single as opposed to your single listener. Please bear in mind that, just as with clothing, the accessories are everything.

? Subaru Outback with Mountain Bike Rack = Corduroy Sport Coat and Hiking Boots with a Sierra Club Membership Card in his wallet.
? Beat up VW Wagon with curtains and full of boxes = Torn jeans, flip flops and a stained T shirt - probably unemployed.
? Toyota Corolla = Khakis and a Polo shirt ? safe but a little boring.
? Vintage Car = vintage clothing (I think this might describe you Tom.)

In my case I drive a Volvo V70 station wagon with a roof rack, which is the equivalent of an expensive hand knit Scandinavian wool sweater with spit-up stains on the shoulders and carrying a diaper bag and a ?Hello Kitty? back-pack. Try wearing that outfit into a singles bar sometime.

The car, like the clothes, make the man.

Thank you,

Patrick

If you’re driving your car up a mountain, I can’t imagine that you’d have a ‘large rear drive US car’. Most cars (front or rear wheel drive) don’t have the necessary ground clearance to reach your desired location.

None of you should need a pickup, Hummer or large SUV to haul your skis or hiking boots up a mountain. I have two 3/4T pickups, both used to pull trailers and haul heavy loads. I don’t have them to be “tough guy, must have diesel truck”

Funny, I own two of the cars on your list and no way resemble the descriptions. I have a 2001 Firebird Trans Am Convertible, Ram Air 6-speed manual. I have it because it’s fun to drive. It’s fun when hauling senior citizens on the back for a parade or when the grabbing the next gear when the engine revs to 7200RPM.

A friend of mine drives a BMW 325ci. She wanted a rear wheel drive coupe with a manual transmission. Once she drove the BMW, she was sold. It’s a very solid car, handles very well, nice to look at and passes front wheel drive cars during snow storms due to it’s even weight balance.

The commentaries are those in the book. I worked with a short Asian female engineer who had a Firebird Transam and drove it until she was 8.5 months pregnant.

Personally, you should drive whatever you like and enjoy; forget about what people think or say.

On my last trip to Europe, my old school friend took me to a car show. He explained how Europeans rate cars; the “guy cars” are seldom Japanese; they ride too soft and the steering is not tight enough. A PREDLUDE there is defintely a middle age woman’s car, and all Volvos are cars for people who are well off and overly concerned with safety.

French cars are usually considered more “feminine” (they have a soft ride) then German cars and fullsize US cars are either offical government cars or owned by instantly rich persons. May British movies show the gangsters driving large US boats, while the virtuous law enforcment types have “reliable” British cars, of course.

I could not persuade my friend that Japanese cars were great buys since he trades every 3-4 years and a German Ford is entirely adeqaute.

I could not decide which SpecMiata video or similar one to post…so i will just post a short video of me playing in my Chick car…notice the Mustang…nothing against Mustangs…I love 'em.

Everyone is so down on the VW Bug! I admit, they are girly cars. But, I have an exception…My dad recently “modified” a Bug. He chopped the top, added a “truck bed” (it’s very small…simply for looks. It still fits on the un-modified chassis), and an engine that would make a grown man cry! We affectionately call it “Buck” and trust me, this Bug is in no way a “girly” car.

Can single men drive minivans? Sure - but it depends what type of women you want to attract. Also, since you haven’t gotten one yet - be sure they really are the best choice to tow that boat - lots of the weight limits on minivans have been exaggerated by the dealers. However, women will probably either think you’re divorced or married. The only single guy I knew with a minivan inherited it from his parents and he used it to haul his kayaks around and lumber and things.

Mustang is a chick car too - many women of all ages want to own a Mustang (not me, but lots of women). VW beetle is not just a chick car - maybe a “thoughtful” guy car - there was a guy around here who drove a radioactive green VW with the vanity plate “ISOTOPE” - and I thought it was so cool - I would’ve loved to talk to him - I bet he was funny and smart. I also heard Harrison Ford likes VW beetles - and we all know how much women find him repulsive;)
I used to get lots of looks from guys in my smoke grey Toyota Celica - but then, at the time I was young, thin, and blond - so who knows if it was the car?
Classic cars really turn my head - but I really think that it’s the CAR that I’m interested in - the drivers are usually older and married, although they are usually pleasant to talk to. One boyfriend had a really big old car (it was about 8 years old when I met him) - I liked that car because it was big and safe and had lots of room and I knew that he could fix anything on it - it was old and dented - which I thought just gave it character - but I must say he kept the inside clean! In a big city you could park it anywhere and not worry about it getting stolen.

Did you notice that on the show The Mentalist - the guy Jane drives a beat up old Citroen, as did Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (In fact, it looks like it is the exact SAME car).
Personally, I find SUV’s repellant ; flashy new car - almost as bad - to me it means that he is wasting his money all on show. I hate it when a guy is so worried about his car that it gets in the way, eg. - oh, we can’t go there because it’s a dirt road, no, we can’t eat in the car, etc. I don’t mind if guys have a pickup - if they actually need one, but it sure doesn’t draw me in. I really avoid red Honda Civic’s (number one road rage car - and boy does it seem to fit!).
Actually colour may be quite important - lots of my old boyfriends drove blue cars - metallic, sky, royal, navy, whatever. When I was buying my last used car I looked at over 50 vehicles, and when I think about it, the sellers that I got along best with all had blue vehicles - maybe people who like blue enjoy peacefulness - minimal arguing, directness, not pushy, quiet, realistic.

I love my Jeep Wrangler it’s a lot of fun to drive! I get my 4 wheel drive to go anywhere I want and I have my convertible for the summer rides to the beach.So to me it is not important whether or not it attracts the ladies.:slight_smile:

I think the Miata is a really cool car, you know, an MGA that starts every morning and doesn’t spend half its life at the mechanic’s shop but darn it! It’s a freakin’ chick/gay car!!! DOH!!!
So, my question is, can a chick car be turned into a guy car by adding a gun rack?