She would not know all of that. No one would

Not a documentary??
Thought some may enjoy the movie clip. And the next.
(I would not have known the dateshe said. Always must look up TDC.)

You defiantly are not a car guy if you donā€™t know what top dead center, before tdc, after tdc, bottom dead centerā€¦ TDC, BTDC, ATDC & BTC respectfullyā€¦

You would be totally lost on Degreeing in a camshaftā€¦ A cam lobe profile is measured in degrees, but not 360 degrees, 720 degreesā€¦ So when you see or hear someone has a cam with an advertised 291 duration, that means the valve is open for 291 of 720 degrees of durationā€¦ And Degreeing in a cam is even more funā€¦ lol
And yes, the cam in my hot rod is degreed inā€¦ and I will degree in my new cam, but thinking about advancing it about 4 degrees BTDCā€¦

https://www.iskycams.com/cam-degreeing.html

2 Likes

The first postwar 327 was a Packard straight 8 and the second one was a Rambler or AMC V8 and the first 289 was a Studebaker.

1 Like

I have tuned manyehicles and pipe organs. Must always look up Āŗ before TDC for engines.
But not A-440 for pipe organs.
Some day I may tunafish.

Easier than eating pipe organ.

1 Like

Wow! Badge 714 was based on something factual? Whoā€™s your WWE champion?

When did you last see Friday?

Well I got sent to Google again. I had no idea what Badge 714 was. It was a reference to the old TV series Dragnet .

Donā€™t feel bad, I have to go there every time yā€™all use big people words (college) and phrasesā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All of the Dragnet episodes were based on real events. The operative phrase being ā€œbased onā€ - plenty of room to take liberties for entertainment purposes. And of course, ā€œall names were changed to protect the innocentā€ - or however that goes.

Amy Farrah Fowler from the Big Bang Theory lived in apartment 314ā€¦ Think about itā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I never thought that Cartalk Community would be a list of TV shows and Movies that I have not seen or even be aware of.

Hey Dave, i went to college and dont use big words.

1 Like

Itā€™s on cable around here about 5:30 in the morning. Iā€™ll catch it every couple of weeks. I like the cars in the older shows with 54 and 55 fords. Donā€™t like the newer models except the ones on car 54 where are you?

Here is a web page for all the old Dragnet Radio Shows. I downloaded them to a Thumb Drive and listen to them on long drivesā€¦

Neat. When I was on the road I used to check out all the books on tape including the old green hornet I think it was. And all the mysteries and biographies. Wish I could remember them now. Iocca, eisenhauer, and Truman were favs.

1 Like

I wonder if the use of Fords on Dragnet was somehow connected to Ben Alexanderā€™s other (major) source of income. Besides portraying Detective Frank Smith on Dragnet, he owned large Ford dealerships in both the L.A. area and the San Fran area.

I did not find any other information on why or who provided the Mayberry Squad carā€¦

2 Likes

Most metal organ pipes have a high lead content.
Some laughed when I would wear cotton gloves handling Pb pipes.
When not, I would washands well.
Now I wear my used surgical gloves, worn transporting blood boxes, when doing OCD oil changes.

Iā€™ve been listening to them for the past few months, based on your prior recommendation. Interesting programs , but quite intense. I wouldnā€™t call them easy listening ā€¦ lol ā€¦ That website has other old-time radio content as well. Iā€™ve been listening to the Superman and Sherlock Holmes shows too. Great fun! Those Iā€™d classify as easy listening.

Is there something wrong when a person prefers old-time radio shows to current tv shows? ā€¦ :wink:

Sirius XM has the Radio Classics channel, featuring the likes of Dragnet, Burns & Allen, Lights Out, Fred Allen, and many other radio programs of the '40s & '50s.

1 Like