She would not know all of that. No one would

Yes left bank was 1234, right bank 5678 vs GM/Mopar’s Left bank 2468, right bank 1357…

Almost every car guy I knew back in the 70’s knew that much info on cars. I really don’t find that difficult for most car guys who weren’t even mechanics.

Movies/TV shows do get things so wrong on so many different topics. The good movies will at least hire a consultant on the subject. Some are extremely simple that they should never ever get wrong, but they do.

2 Likes

The most recent movie had lots of other special effects, but Tom Cruise actually DID ride a motorcycle off a cliff and parachute down. He actually did it 6 times. The CGI in that scene removed the ramp he used.

1 Like

I heard The Big Bang Theory show had a Physicist on staff fulltime to try and make the show as accurate as possible, bringing on Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler didn’t hurt either…
Me, I was more on Penny’s character level…

The only way I can even watch a Fast and Furious movie is to think of it like a X-Men/super hero type movie…

3 Likes

I thought those were documentaries!

4 Likes

That is where I learned all my hot rodding skills from… :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s been a while but I recall that all GM V8s were 18436572 as were all Mopars. Fords were too aggravating to ever try to keep up with. Of course all I6 and I4 automobile engines were the same as were V6s considering actual position and not numbers.

Most of the I4’s were 1342 and V6’d was 165432 other than Fords… never tried to learn the I6’s

Funny thing was Fords 3.0/3.8 V6’s (even more probably) was 142536, if you looked at the LB 123 as 135 and RB 456 as 246, it made it 123456… That confused a lot of mechanics I worked with for some reason… lol

Yeah, I was always the guy that found out where number 1 was on the dist and then yanked all the wires off and started running them longest to shortest to the plugs… Never did the one at a time thing or marked them on Chevy/Mopar… GM’s correct a cap threw me off a little 1st time I saw it…

Some people simply have this and other car information permanently burned on their brain cells. I was having lunch with my bil and friend on their way to the back to the 50s car event. Don’t remember which mustang but I said that must have had a 289 and he said no, that was a 304 or something. Then we were talking about the oiling problems with the 57 ford y block and got a complete run down of the drilling problem at the factory, etc. details like this for me just go in one ear and out the other but not for some. I’m a broad concepts guy, but some have a multitude of details locked away for instant recall. Wanna know the bearing part number for a 55 ford? Just ask.

Just to go off topic a little but I am always amazed at the total recall of details by my favorite civil war professor. In a presentation he can recall without notes the dates, casualties, generals involved, of any of the many battles. When he takes questions, it’s like a page from the encyclopedia opens up. Don’t know how he does it and he’s my age. Can’t recall myself if it’s Monday or Tuesday without checking my phone.

A mustang Boss 302. not that you care. :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Robert-Gift

This is for YOU

YOU are the kid with the glasses with his foot in his mouth

2 Likes

Half the show were usually students from CalTech.

1 Like

Funny.
Who here could say all her information without looking it up?

5 Likes

It was a movie so why do you even care or you just want attention again?

3 Likes

I’ll try to be gentle, but Perry mason was a made up show. Not real. Now at least badge 714 was based on true stories. Like the girl in court responded to questioning and asked don’t you watch csi? I think it was a local case so not well known. Ha ha ha. Careful who you put on the stand.

Youse guys are going to get me flagged again for going off the track. The case is coming back again but if I mentioned it folks here would go nuts.

It’s just a movie. Anybody is able to appear as a witness of course , but I doubt any trial att’y would claim their witness is an “expert” unless they had years of professional experience in that field.

Speak for yourself, I am in my wheel house with my post on this tread (so far)… Heck, I have forgotten more of this stuff then you will ever know… :wink:

3 Likes

Me… especially back when this movie was produced when my memory was less “senior” :smile:

Same answer as @davesmopar but with GM cars.

1 Like

Because Mustangman and Davesmopar are car guys. Robert isn’t.

Back in the 70’s - I knew most of that info. What I didn’t know was what year the 327 was introduced.

2 Likes