Place Lexus in NEUTRAL and push out of the garage WITHOUT STARTING?

Do trailer parks have regulations stating that you will be evicted if you don’t have at least one car up on blocks in your yard? Bonus points if it’s an old El Camino or if you also have appliances in your yard.

It took me a little Googling to re-find this site I ran across some years ago:

http://drbukk.com/content/23-the-trailer-park

Hey guys, this is Robert Gift you are dealing with, you will never come up with a solution that he will buy!

Hey guys, this is Robert Gift you are dealing with, you will never come up with a solution that he will buy!
But they did? No more starting a cold engine with oil in the oil pan and polluting the tandem garage with uncatalyzed exhaust!

uncatalyzed exhaust! Doesn’t your car have catalytic converters on it??

uncatalyzed exhaust! Doesn't your car have catalytic converters on it??
They must acheive over 500°F for catalyzation to function.

@oblivion

That website brought back some memories!

Years ago, one of my colleagues showed up to work wearing a set of those dr. bukk teeth. The first time he opened his mouth and smiled, I said “That’s cool! Where did you get those?”

The sad thing was that our service manager never realized the guy was wearing those teeth. He looked at my colleague and said “There’s something different about you today . . .” He couldn’t figure it out.

Those trailer park pictures look they’re easily 20-25 years old. I haven’t seen a mercury comet in years, not even in junkyards.

Hee hee, good trailer pics. In school I spent one summer in a trailer park. My room mate was getting married and bought a trailer and needed a room mate for the summer. Its an experience everyone should have to keep you ambitious.

They're stapling up mansions in those clustered developments left and right.

Yea a few of those developments had covenants in Windham had minimum construction of 4000sq/ft. That was far far bigger then I needed/wanted to build. Beautiful homes…but way beyond my price range.

"Windham had minimum construction of 4000sq/ft"
What family needs 4,000 ft² ? Even large families do not need that. And many families are smaller today. Large families often cannot afford trophy homes.
What family needs 4,000 ft² ? Even large families do not need that. And many families are smaller today. Large families often cannot afford trophy homes.

At the time all 3 kids were living at home…and 4k ft² was/is too big. We ended up buying a house that is just over half that size (2400 ft²).

And you’re right they are trophy homes…And at the time those homes were selling for $500k+. Now (even with the down turn in the economy) they’re starting at $700k+.

@Bing

My good man. The Feds have NOTHING to do with running HOAs or restricting personal freedom or controlling real estate prices. Quite the opposite. HOAs are set up by the developers or after the sale by a group of neighbors who want to encorporate, much like a road association in the interest of those who live there. This is to restrict the behavior of it’s tenants. Where the fed govt is there to protect the expression personal freedom, corporations like HOAs are their to limit it in the name of enhancing property values and is nothing more then capitalism at it’s finest. Every time people don’t like something, they blame the Feds. WTH !

You want to avoid a HOA. It’s simple. Don’t buy a house where it has been encorporated by the developer or don’t form one yourself. NO ONE EVER FORCES ANYONE TO BELONG unless you choose to. Just don’t sign the dotted line and/or read the fine print if you decide to. The good thing is, they work for many. It’s not like Hotel California. No one is keeping you there or restricting your freedom except by YOUR CHOICE for financial gain. My daughter and son both live in one. It ain’t bad for protecting your investment. Being a legal entity, it does provide personal liability protection in the choices the HOA makes to that end.

Since when was only what we need ever a factor in home buying? Look around and you’ll see many luxury space/items if your only measure is need. After that realization, you’ll understand its simply a matter of degree. I don’t care who you are, there is probably someone living with less and virtually guarantee there is someone with more. Kind of analogous to that Carlin bit- look at that idiot with 5000 sq ft!!! :wink:

We just moved and one of the primary motivators was quality of the schools. In this area, covenants are ubiquitous with real estate. They are virtually impossible to avoid. You want these schools? You reluctantly agree to the consequences…

My only concern would be the fact that the power steering and brakes do not operate properly when the car isn’t running. You could lose control of the car by having it roll away if the driveway is a hill and you happen to lose control. I would be ready to stop or pull the parking brake the first few times before you get used to how the car handles turned off.

Another bonus about this is that cold starts like this are terrible for engines and the exhaust system. You are basically starting the car cold for a second and then turning it right off. This probably puts almost as much wear on the engine as a trip to the store and back. Plus, none of the moisture created by this combustion will burn off as the engine is cold. This, combined with acids, is really hard on the engine, its oil, and the exhaust system due to corrosion.

^ Exactly.
The brakes work well without power.
And steering is still easy, too. But what happens when I turn the steering wheel without the power steering pump operating? Am I putting pressure a diaphragm or piston?

Putting pressure on a diaphram ? No Robt. But you’re putting a lot of pressure on the rest of us to keep this thread going on a topic devoted to moving a vehicle from the garage to the driveway. It’s a sure sign we all have way too much free and unproductive time on our hands.

That’s what I said “the feds don’t have jurisdiction over real estate law”. But don’t believe that they wouldn’t like to in order to promote the common good and redistribute property more evenly.

But you're putting a lot of pressure on the rest of us to keep this thread going...
I'm not keeping it going. Question was kindly answered. But the HOA issue is interesting. We may be able to gain an outdoor clothesline under Federal Energy Laws.

No you won’t Robt. The federal govt. will not interfere with such trivial matters that has no federal implications. It has nothing to do with any federal laws. That’s another bogus idea that the feds really care about your laundry…as if it’s apart of national defense or interstate commerce. If your corp was instituted by the developer, go to his lawyer. If it was instituted by the neighborhood, go to the meetings of the governing board. Otherwise move. Didn’t you read the fine print before you built or bought into the area ? Go to the town office…they may have an answer to where you should go. If you hang your laundry outside, you may then get immediate “information” as to where you should go. That’s the quickest way. You are committing no offense by hanging the laundry in public. It’s a violation of whatever corporate regulations were set for your HOA and they are responsible for enforcing it. But, you have no civil rights that say you can violate corporate regs on your HOA so neither will you be protected by your local, state or federal govt. ; you are on your own.
@Bing
Please read the constitution ! Besides, how can the Feds possibly keep up with real-estate values and property redistribution. While answering to Bush, they couldn’t even pick up that OBama was not a US citizen running for president. How incompetent is that ???

We bought an 8-year-old house in a covenant-controlled neighborhood.
Not a matter of the Federal Government interfering.
I heard that though HOA rules may prohibit solar roof collectors, new Federal Energy Laws can supercede HOA restrictions and they may be put up.

I don’t want to belabor the point but of the myriad of federal agencies with thousands upon thousands of folks wanting to come up with new ways to move their world view forward, there are a number of ways that they could in the future intrude. Holy smokes there are so many restrictive rules and regs now covering nursing homes, school lunches, mortgages, housing subsidies, highways, street cars, paints, wood stoves, and on and on. Kids are going hungry in schools because Ag changed the nutrition rules trying to solve the obesity problem. Don’t believe there aren’t some among those that don’t believe 4000 square foot houses should not be allowed and taxed or regulated out of existance.