Can I move 2023 Lexus RX350h without starting thengine?

RX350 hybrid has been parked outside over 30 hours.
Wouldike to move it onto ramps to change the oil.
Is there a way to move it withouthe cold engine starting?

Thank you.

Drag it. But I would not recommend that.

I wouldn’t try to maneuver it onto car ramps by pulling/pushing, too many things could go wrong, damage &/or injuries possible. You might could jack it up far enough to position ramps under the front wheels. Not sure why you’d want to do that though, b/c once you jack it easier to just place it on jack stands. If this was really needed, no other way would work, I’d probably use some sort of winching arrangement.

1 Like

10sec of running is easy.

7 Likes

I don’t understand the motivation either. Hopefully OP will explain. Better to change the oil when the engine is somewhat warm b/c the oil flows out faster.

3 Likes

The oil has been pooling in the oil pan since yesterday afternoon.
Engine cold.

Update:
On the slopedriveway, I managed to squeeze under and removed the oil plug and screw-on filter.
(A proper OCD oil change is to let it drip out overnight.)

Just wish that I could drive it up on the ramps using only thelectric motor withouthengine starting.
Would be far easier to get under and clean everything.
Then screw on oil filter, oil plug and fill with 6 qts Mobil1 0W-20 oil for Hybrid vehicles.

If you warm the oil it will flow more freely. Take your Lexus for a drive and then put it on the ramps. Then drain it and let it sit overnight.

9 Likes

Don’t you have a jack?

1 Like

The maintenance schedule is designed assuming you’re going to change the oil the normal way. You don’t have to go to such pains to get every last drop out.

1 Like

You can move the vehicle around in the driveway in EV mode (with heater and accessories off), however the engine will likely engage when you accelerate up the ramps.

1 Like

Such is contrary to the registered tree-hugger and Greenie’s protocol.
If we drove to the store or made a bloodelivery, Youqing wouldrive onto the ramps and remove the oil plug. Then I do the rest whehome.

(I won’t attend my own funeral unless there is a medical transport on the way.) (Actually, there wilbe no funeral. I be parted out like a '51 Chevy.)

“Don’t you have a jack?”
That would requireffort. I’m not that OCD.

Over nighthe oil will drain just as well as whehot.

Yes. I gently back it out into the morning sun withouthengine starting. Later wife gets in the warm car and leaves.

Sure, get one of these:

Then get a winch to pull the car up onto ramps.

Or, wait to do the oil change after you need to drive the car.

2 Likes

I hope your left over parts comes with a warning label…

7 Likes

Yes.
Was hoping for a routine delivery so upon return I couldrive it onto the ramps, hot.

Shall not change on the ground again.
No room under themergencyehicle.

After a routine bloodelivery, the oilookso clean like still in the container.

Old oil should never be drained cold. Not only does it take longer, but the more fluid warm oil would also help drain out any impurities left on the bottom of the pan. Drain only when warm.

When I used to change my own oil… I’d pull the car up on the ramps, go in the house, eat lunch, and then go change the oil.

This isn’t hard.

You’re too miserable and cheap to do things properly

And you constantly throw out the weirdest and most irrelevant questions

Did I leave anything out? :thinking:

7 Likes

For reasoned mentioned, don’t change the oil with the engine cold. My personal thing is to start it, pull it up on ramps, get it to about 1/2-way to full temp, shut it down and then pull the drain plug. I want contaminates in suspension and good flow, but not burning hot oil.

Then, sure. I’ve got a little of the OCD thing of ddddrrrrriiiipppppiiinnnggg out as much old oil a possible (even tho’ I know it’s not really meaningful). But that’s easy. Time to stall. Good time to polish the headlights. Check other fluids. Check tire pressures. Check lights. Have a beer while you’re at it.

If you MUST change it 100% cold after an overnight-or-longer drip (which I don’t think any actual mechanic would advise), then plan ahead and put it on the ramps on it’s last drive before the oil change. Then let it sit 30 hours. And then do your thing,

Clearly the evidence suggests otherwise…see below…

4 Likes