Perpetual Motion Machine...Has the Future arrived?

I watched the first video. When the gentleman introduced himself as the “legal adviser” I knew right away he meant “Probation agent”.
They sure went to great lengths to try to pull the wool over peoples eyes, but there are some that will believe them.
A sucker is born every minute comes to mind.

The second video was a riot to listen to. And in an election year it was a breath of fresh air.

But anyone knows that Argo corn starch will do nothing for the belching he referred to.
A better prop would have been a box of baking soda. But that would make for more belching.

Yosemite

I think that place the vdo was filmed , or at least what the text implied, was ODelft university. I think that’s in the Netherlands or some part of Scandinavia anyway. Do your recall after the 9.11 incident in NYC, there were claims of explosives being found in the debris? Claims that the buildings didn’t fall down just b/c of the airplanes crashing into them? But that somebody had also planted explosives?

The claims were that some kind of powdered metal compounds, aluminum oxide or something like that. I guess certain metals ground to a very fine powder can be a good explosive. Anyway, the folks making those claims I think were from the same university as the PM vdo. I’m not sure what the final analysis showed about that explosive theory at the WTC, whether those metals were really signs of explosives or just the type of debris expected to be found in the rubble when something like that happens.

Conspiracy theory is thermite in the paint. Was 911 a porsche connection? (just kidding but keeping it car related).

the fireproofing (which NOT paint) on the steel was inadequate, either the materials or the application or the preparation of the steel, was faulty, which contributed greatly to the total collapse.

Me: Yeah, I woke up at 2 am and turned on Coast-to-Coast and some guy had been abducted by an alien space ship.

Brother: Sounds like only a moron would listen to that show.

Me: You got that right…uh…hmmm…what are you implying?

1 Like

lol … I was talking to my teenage nephew and he asked me what radio stations I listen to. I prefer news and talk radio in my old age, compared to the sports and rock music stations I listened to as a younger me. So I listed off a couple of stations, and when I come to that one he laughs and says “Uncle George, really? You listen to the Bigfoot station?” …

The host of “Coast to Coast” lavishes his callers with seemingly sincere interest regardless how outrageous they are. On a long late night drive the show can be entertaining… laughably entertaining that is.

And recently NPR looked up the men who reported that they were abducted by space aliens 50 years ago while fishing in south Mississippi. One of those involved spoke and while he wasn’t too talkative on the issue he insists the story was true. The men were guests on Johnny Carson in the early 1970s and they wanted to be believed. Maybe “Coast to Coast” will bring that “Close encounter” back into the public’s attention. We need a break from hostile politics.

Would that be Barney and Betty (White, I think, can’t remember the last name for certain) here in NH?

The story is that they were driving down a road north of Concord (can’t remember the town either) and woke up some days later home in their bed after having been abducted and experimented on by aliens. It was never disproved, and many still believe. I read the book many many years ago, but the details have become smokey in my mind over the years.

So much for a nice summer drive!

As Montgomery Scott would have said, “Captain, I canna change the laws of physics!”

@“the same mountainbike” - it’s Betty and Barney Hill, and they were driving near Lancaster. :smile:

Anyway, could we please bring this back to machines? I appreciated your Porsche joke, @Barkydog.

Remember the Guy who was running the Chrysler slant six, without any motor oil in it?(in retrospect easy to duplicate ) supposedly some kind of additive or something allowed this to be possible . Remember the slick 50 debacle? with the plugged up oil pump screens .

but Carolyn, spaceships are the cars of the future!

did you never watch the Jetsons?

Re: the behavior of hard drive magnets:
Look closely at those magnets in the video.
They are actually two pieces of metal cemented together, the magnet itself and a backing plate.
The magnet is actually laterally polarized, with a north and south pole on the same side.
The other side also has north and south poles on the side facing the backing plate, effectively two magnets in the one piece of metal.
The backing plate captures the magnetic flux on the back side of the magnet and keeps it from reaching out into the air, much like a conducting wire keeps electrical current from escaping.
When two magnet assemblies are face to face in a hard drive the magnetic flux is held between them.
Otherwise the platter would be erased.
Refrigerator magnets are typically polarized with many alternating north and south poles.
Rub two together and you will feel a “cogging” effect.

@circuitsmith Thanks for the info, random idle thoughts into retirement playtime, Need more flux blocking applying to one pole I guess to make my perpetual motion flux car! Are there specific types of metal that attenuate flux better than others?

Are there specific types of metal that attenuate flux better than others?

@Barkydog … There’s something called mu-metal that is supposed to attenuate magnetic fields I think. Not sure if it works on static fields like from a magnet though.

Cogging effect was a most interesting thing, requires a power source, but still cool.

You can store energy in the magnetic field. There are superconducting magnets designed for this application. superpower-inc.com/content/superconducting-magnetic-energy-storage-smes

@idiot666 Nice link. but near zero is not zero, getting closer all the time though,

Yes, mu-metal can block static magnetic fields.
Mu-metal is often found as a shield in phonograph cartridges and magnetic tape heads.

This may be old news but it was new to me, apparently Steorn company is apparently no more as of months ago…
http://dispatchesfromthefuture.com/2016/11/steorn-liquidates/

That’s not too surprising considering the impossibility of the task, but I would be curious to see what was inside those Orbo-power USB chargers… anyone know of anyone that actually ordered one?