Perpetual Motion Machine...Has the Future arrived?

While we are on the subject ,has anyone ever heard of " Berdinis negative resistance "?

To patent a perpetual motion machine you will need to bring in a working example. You don’t have to have a working prototype to get a patent, BUT, if you claim perpetual motion or anything similar, it will be rejected based on the violation of scientific principles so your appeal of that rejection is demonstration of a working prototype.

As for magnetic motors, this site shows a long list of patents for them. Note patent #4151431 from 1979 by Howard Johnson in the link. And a bunch more for Mr. Johnson in the same field (pun intended). Or patent #6362718 for an electrical generator that makes its own power from “compressed energy” from the time domain. Yeah, compressed energy.

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/patents.htm

It is also no surprise that Orbo Technology provides no address or phone number on the Contact Us page. Never pay attention to anyone selling something that provides no real contact information.

His sychronous motors...

Tesla’s first patent (No. 381,968) covers synchronous AC motors. His next patent (No. 382,279) dated the same day (May 1, 1888) covers the basics of the modern asynchronous induction AC motor with “squirrel cage” rotor that truly changed the world.

There’s always a hidden crank that Bigfoot is turning.

I have to agree w @kmccune . Ok, sure, anything’s possible. But I expect there’s a perfectly understandable explanation that doesn’t require any new science. After all, there wasn’t much power produced. And PM isn’t ruled out entirely anyway. Just PM that extracts more work than the energy input is what is ruled out.

• They didn’t take the thing completely apart, so there could be a battery left inside, or those things they removed could contain or be themselves batteries.

• Or some kind of spring.

• Or some kind heat. They pre-heated something, and used that for the power.

• They didn’t measure the magnetic or electrical fields surrounding the machine. There could be fields being tapped generated from something hidden. Or from something visible, just disguised.

• Nuclear gadgets could power a motor like that.

Edit … this got me to thinking about that radio program that comes on at 10 pm here in San Francisco. Coast to coast I think is the title. I try to listen to the opening segments b/c it is sort of interesting usually. But about 15 minutes in, somebody on the show – this is something you can almost be certain about – is going to be talking about Bigfoot or UFOs or space aliens or ghosts … lol …

And when they are asked by the host “now who was it that showed this to you” … the guy will say “oh, he’s dead” … or “I can’t remember his name now” … lol …

I was unable to find any real information on the Orbo Technology website whatsoever. I did notice however that the currency is in something the symbol of which I don’t recognize. Made me wonder where they’re allegedly located.

Looked like pounds to me.

I strongly suspect a lot of hokum things like this are unveiled for the sole purpose of attracting venture capital, research grants, etc.

Not many years ago the hybrid 3 wheeled VV1 was being touted to get 100 MPG and people were getting on board with nothing more than a computer generated picture and grandiose promises.
After five years the cheerleaders had gotten disgruntled, the forum was disabled, and things died; except for contact info if one wanted to be an investor… :frowning:

The cheerleading crowd honestly seemed to believe that engineering, prototypes, EPA and NHTSA approval, production models, and a dealer network were all going to be a done deal within a year. Suckers…

Sure free energy seems spurious, but magnetism is not a powered energy, it exists without outside energy, to capitalize on that existing free energy is my concept. That is why I posted the previous video, the apparent block of magnetetic effect can hopefully be turned into an advantage.

Has the future arrived? Yes it has, the future is constantly arriving every second of every minute of every day… “Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Now you know why.” (QOUTE from Illusions. The adventures of a reluctant messiah. By Richard Bachman)

There is no “existing free energy” in a magnetic field. Just as with gravity. You can’t have an engine operating on just gravity, although many have tried.

Wikipedia:

1. In any isolated system, one cannot create new energy (first law of thermodynamics)
  2. The output power of heat engines is always smaller than the input heating power. The rest of the energy is removed as heat at ambient temperature. The efficiency (this is the produced power divided by the input heating power) has a maximum, given by the Carnot efficiency. It is always lower than one.
  3. The efficiency of real heat engines is even lower than the Carnot efficiency due to irreversible processes.
    Statements 2 and 3 apply to heat engines. Other types of engines which convert e.g. mechanical into electromagnetic energy, could in principle operate with 100% efficiency, but only if they were to be free of friction. No such engine is possible in practice.

PS, do a google search for “magnetic motor” and you get lots of hits. Weed out the DC permanent magnet motors, and you still have hundreds. Such as "How to Build a Free Energy Magnetic Motor"
or “A REAL and WORKING Magnetic Motor Spinning Indefinitely”.

You will know this is real when you can buy one at Sears, hooked to a generate to supply free power. But don’t hold your breath.

Bill,I believe this has already been established. We know energy conversions operate at a net loss unless to get more of a particular kind of energy,you use another kind(Then you can have a system that operates pretty cheaply (heat pump comes to mind).
On the " Coast to Coast" business ,every so often they have a bonafide expert in an esoteric field on space exploration ,colonization ,energy ,etc ,some are outright kooks while some are in completely good faith.Its usually easy to tell the difference .

Kinda scary if the folks in the room are our engineering future. When I was a kid we had the usual discussions of PM machines along with whether you got wetter riding a bike in the rain faster or slower. I think most kids do at one point. Then of course we grew up.

@Bing - that’s one reason I think it was staged BS. You can’t get a group of academic folks together without extended discussions, especially if they’re being shown something ‘revolutionary’. Right, @Triedaq ?

@Texases I have a great idea for free energy that I am sharing only with my friends here on the Cartalk board. I propose that we shoot a generator into space right at the equator. We then run a large belt around the equator and up to the generator. On either side of the belt at the equator we place large copper bands. Cables would stretch from the generator to these copper bands and brushes fit to the ends of the cable so that the brushes make contact with the copper bands. We then take the power generated off these bands.
This,will give us three positive effects:

1. We would have a free, non-polluting source of electrical power.
  2. The Earth’s rotation would slow down, making the days longer. At my age, I would like a,longer lasting day.
  3. Since the Earth would not be spinning as fast, it would move closer to the sun. Thus our winters here in Indiana would be warmer and more bearable.

“magnetism is not a powered energy, it exists without outside energy”

Magnetism is a force, not energy.
No more free energy than squeezing a spring.
You have to do work to bring two repelling magnets together.
You can then get that energy back when they move apart.

Once a year or so students come to me (I work at a university engineering school) proposing some scheme with magnets, levers, cams etc. and I have to disappoint them.

OK I’d be happy to get in on the ground floor of that one, especially if it’ll make the winters warmer. I’ll have to be careful though since I’ve already committed to turning the lead into gold idea. Maybe we can do the gold one first, then there would be money for the next one.

@Bing With all that free electric power that will be created with the space generator, we will be able to save the coal industry. We will have giant presses run by the electrical energy that will compress the coal into diamonds. You and I can pick a street corner where you can sell your gold and I will sell my diamonds.