Perpetual Motion Machine...Has the Future arrived?

Tesla(the old guy) seemed to have a car that would suck electricity from the air dont know how( remember the laws of thermodynamics anyway I dont go for it because ,you need something resonant to capture or respond to some types of energy and you need a sink,you always have to operate at a loss unless you are robbing some form of energy from somewhere else with a converter that doesnt require much energy itself,And believe it or not there seems to be one element you can convert to Gold at a horrible cost in energy(I dont think you need a reactor either. )
The afore mentioned zero point energy seems to have a pretty good basis in fact,that aside Einstein said matter and energy are equivalent(thats what I get from it anyway )
Isnt an atom a perpetual motion machine of sorts?

I have to get around to my perpetual motion machine one of these days, believe it or not there are super powerful magnets in a hard drive. (computer not a car), Now the weird thing about these magnets is they are not omnidirectional. Put the 2 faces together, incredible grip, put the 2 backs together nothing. Figure that one out! Will post a video if needed.

I watched the video,a magnetic motor is probably possible,but what happens when you eventually degauss the magnets? Cant see it producing much power for any length of time and why didnt they hook it to a generator with a load attached rather then that dangerous fan ?
Hope its true,but I have my doubts.

Nikola Tesla, Kevin?
Are you sure this wasnā€™t related to his work on wireless transmission? He was reputedly quite the showman, and he probably rigged a car to appear to suck power out of the air to promote the idea of wireless transmission.

It sure would be great if it were true, if sufficient energy could be transmitted wirelessly to charge an automobile battery systemā€¦ or (even better) to continuously run an electric motor pushing an automobile. :smile:

ā€œmagnetic motorā€ is another perpetual motion machine, sorry. You canā€™t make a motor out of permanent magnets.

Ok made a link to a video why the heck to super magnets from a hard drive act this way. Future perpetual motion machine one thought for my experimentation.

Tesla tried to transmit electricity wirelessly. It was produced in a normal way, then transmitted over the air. Maybe that is what you are thinking about for the electric car, Kevin.

Yep, Tesla was a genius, not a magician.

Got a Tesla light up in the dark tshirt for Christmas,

Yeah Iā€™ve got four of those hard drive magnets laying on my vice. I got them when I disposed of a couple hard drives. Those things are scary powerful. They could almost break your finger if it got in the way. I donā€™t know what to do with them at this point. Maybe I should mount them on my fuel line to see if that helps any better than the cow magnets for fuel economy.

@Bing

You could also try to find one of those tornado-style devices that go in the air cleaner housing

I remember that was the ā€œbig thingā€ several years ago. And it was quickly debunked, as usual

Itā€™s sad that people get taken by some of these snake oil salesmen

It brings to mind the X-Files slogan, the one that comes at beginning of each show ā€œI want to believeā€

Sure, if you want to believe, the likelihood is pretty great that somebody is going to take you for a sucker :fearful:

Just because you canā€™t figure out how a magicianā€™s trick works doesnā€™t mean that there is real magic.
As far as the Tesla reference goes, broadcast power has been around for a long time, it was the basis for crystal radios in the early 20s but we donā€™t use it because it is horribly inefficient.

So my thought with the magnets as shown in the previous response video is to capitalize on the appearance of a singular magnetic attraction, ie one side shows basically no effect, and the other shows great effect, now it appears I can negate 1/2 of the push pull, and leave myself with only push or pull, the next magnetic propulsion vehicle is in the hands of a patent attorney If I can get the time to work on it.

Barkydog: good luck. You should know that there is a law that says you cannot patent a perpetual motion machine.

So just another guy trying to sham us then? I donā€™t understand why they attempt these things if it will be so readily disproven. Not to mention the embarrassment that would followā€¦or worse after taking monies from someone.

This guy even states that not only does the machine self perpetuateā€¦but you can add a load!! I mean how do you even try to sell this idea?

Oh wellā€¦ Since everyone is rooting throught their lead suppliesā€¦ I have 400 lbs of the stuff so it looks like the Blue Sears shed I converted into the Heart of a Star will be pumping out Gold and other precious metals at an alarming rate this afternoon. Let me know if you need my address. WE ARE ALL RICH !!! No I cannot explain in detail how it works but it is right next to the Metal Sears Methlab so maybe the proximity of the two has something to do with the fantastical output of the Blue Shed. The world may never knowā€¦

Blackbird

1 Like

Hmmm. Econ 101. We cannot all be rich without some being not rich. If we were all rich then no one would be rich but simply at a higher relative level than before. What would be the point of a game if everyone got a perfect score and a trophy.

At least put one of those motors on a go kart and see what happens. If it can squeal the tires a little, maybe time for some development money.

The closest thing to ā€œfree energyā€ commercially Iā€™ve heard of is Steorn Orbo - I wonder what the catch is? http://orbo.com/

Supposedly they found a way to make a moving machine with magnets that takes zero power, years ago.

I see the warranty is 12 months, so perhaps they made a battery phone/charging station that is guaranteed to last at least 12 months - even so thatā€™s an accomplishment.

It is impossible for a perpetual motion machine to work, essentially because it violates the first and/or second laws of Thermodynamics. The second law clearly states that there could not exist a perfect engine, while the first relates a heat flow with a work output from a machine, obeying the conservation of energy.

We clearly know that a rotating object will inevitably have a friction, which represents an energy being liberated that way, if there is no equal or higher energy input, the machine will eventually stop.

No description of how ā€œOrboā€ works. No surpriseā€¦

Yep, I recant ,I realize that there is no practical way to chop or reverse the fields, so it wouldnt work .
Is there any way to use magnetism to store power ,Tesla pretty much mastered the electric motor business with His sychronous motors and Poly Phase alternators or generating system the big advantage of the alternating current being the ease of conversion from one voltage to the other and sometimes juggling the frequency.A good deal of waste but it sure is useful.