Name Tommy's 1979 Fiat

I have a '69 spyder and it has a 5 speed trans, 4 wheel power disk brakes, dual overhead cams, steering collum mounted controls for the headlights and wipers -intermittent no less- and alloy wheels all from the factory. When was the first time an American made car could boast all of those features? With only 1249 cc, it has plenty of pep and is a joy to drive. Everyone who want’s to bad mouth Fiats can kiss my rear fender, as soon as I can get it running.
I agree with SOPHIA a sleek Italian beauty…

Correction 1438 cc.

I’d call Tommy’s 1979 Fiat, “FIONA” … because as opposed to how we tawk here in Wis-kon-sin, Tommy talks about being a “kah owna” … (we would say KAR OWN-ER) So, having a one-owner Fiat, would make Tommy’s car “Fiona” … okay, okay … so that’s really stretching it, isn’t it?!

Tony.

Since FIAT is short for “Fix it again, Tony”, the lovely little Fiat roadster should be named “Tow-bee” for its time on the rolling hook.

Cadillacjeff

B-Fiat. I’m a musician.

What about Whitey? or Snowball?

Santo Merda

Definition of an Old Car Owner stolen from (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=620809)

An individual who by necessity or desire never owns a car in the decade in which it was manufactured. These people should be pitied, they are often delusional and smell of oil and smoke

Of course you must EXPERIENCE the car before you can properly name it but, she looks like a Pearl, to me.

Bianca

The italian translation of ‘white’ and a ladies name. Easy. Tommy and Bianca, yeah that works.

An unreliable white female italian, soft on top.

From Robert Wilson in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

andiamo

Car-nol-e
Cream Puff in english.

Crapola

This car is in the shop so much my fiat are killing me!

There is nothing to fia but Fiat itself…

Banana boat

LOL, but in '69 the americans could boast about the opera window and the vinyl top.

I think that it’s only fitting that the name would be Italian so my suggestion is the name I’ve given to many cars over the years. So her name would be
Pisa and I’m thinking that you all will be able to guess her last name…

Ms. Be Done

Fiat Accompli

I’d name it the same thing I named my 1979 Fiat: @#$#%

Bella machina

For the mechanically laim and automotively challanged, the Fiat 124 spider first introduced in 1968 uses a twin overhead cam engine that is belt driven, the basis for high performance 4 cylinder engines from a number of current very popular and reliable autombiles. Also the body of the Fiat spider was designed and built by the coach works of Pinninfarina, yes, the same coach builder that provides bodies for a number of other Italian automobile marques including Ferrari. The Fiat spider was one of the first sports cars in it’s price range to have 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 speed overdrive transmission, and the DOHC engine.

It is a “beautiful car”