How to reset maintenance reminder on dashboard?

How can I reset the Maintenance Req’d reminder on my dash so it disappears? My car is a 2005 Honda Accord LX 2-dr coupe automatic, 2.4 liter, 4 cyl. Thank you for your help.

Who flagged this as “abuse?” It’s not abusive in any way.

For goodness sake, @cdaquila, every time I click “Flag,” “Off Topic,” “Disagree,” “Agree,” or “Like” everyone can see it was me who clicked it. Why is this policy being applied selectively?

@Mollie,

My advice is also to check your owner’s manual. That’s what it’s for. If you don’t have the owner’s manual, I suggest you take the car to where it was serviced, complain that they didn’t reset the reminder when they serviced your car, and ask them to reset it. They’re the ones who should have reset it when they serviced the car. It’s supposed to be part of the job.

Typically Honda’s of that vintage require you to start the car while holding the odometer reset button for ten seconds but, as mentioned by others, the manual will have the proper procedure.

@Whitey, I’m gathering that you’re irritated, but I wasn’t aware this was happening. In the past, I had seen the icons of different users pop up on comments. I’ll ask why it doesn’t appear to be working consistently.

While I will be the first one to admit that I usually deserve my “abuse” flags . . . not this time

"I don’t mean to sound like a jerk . . .

If I was a jerk this time, I would have used all sorts of strong language, would have been extremely judgmental, and my response would have been edited

If you’ll look at my post, you’ll notice it hasn’t been edited

It is interesting to note that somebody actually liked my response

@Whitey

Why did you mention @cdaqulia . . . ?

From my screen, I, for the most part, can’t see who liked my response, versus who flagged me for abuse

However, I’ll say this

When @WheresRick flags something, his icon always appear

When you flag something, your icon always appears

Here’s an idea for the people posting questions

If you are asking for help resetting a service reminder . . . or other things that might be in the owner’s manual

TELL US IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE OWNERS’ MANUAL

That will help prevent hurt feelings down the road . . .

I have a 2005 Accord EX V6, and the process is the same as for your car:

1. Turn off the engine.
  2. Press and hold the select/reset knob on the I strum end panel, then turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
  3. Hold the knob for about 10 seconds until the indicator resets.

This information is on page 67 of the owner’s manual on the far right side. Note that the owner’s manual is for all 2005 Accords, not just my model.

So, I clicked on the abuse flag to see what it really looks like, since I have never used it. And now @db4690 has received 2 abuse flags. Well, that’s pretty silly. I did not think the reply was abusive, and there is no way to untag the answer. Sorry all.

Yes, you can untag the flag. Just click it again, or click a different link, like “like” or “agree.”

Thank you for your help with this little annoyance. I didn’t expect the info. to be in the manual, but figured it was a way for Honda to get you to come to the dealership for maintenance. Everything’s been done, just not by the dealer. The manual for the Accord Coupe is a little different from what jtsanders said, but I found the info.

@Mollie

I have 2 questions

Did you find the reset procedure in your personal owner’s manual . . . the one in the glovebox?

Or did you find the reset procedure on page 62 of this website?

On my Acura, oil changes can be reset, but less frequent items such as cabin air filter have to be reset by the dealer using their computer.

@Mollie

?

I’m pretty sure Millie has left the building. She got the answers she was looking for and her problem is solved.

I wanted to know if she found the reset procedure in her very own owner’s manual, on that Honda website, or if somebody else simply reset it for her

I used the reset procedure in my very own owner’s manual.

@Whitey @cdaquila I’m able to see who flagged agree/disagree/like, but cannot see who flags for abuse or trolling. I suspect it’s yet another inanity of this Vanilla software rather than a conscious decision by the Cartalk admins.

I’m not an admin, and I agree that when someone flags a post, for whatever reason, it should not be anonymous.

@shadowfax

I can now see who flagged me for abuse on this very thread, but I’m not going to do anything about it.

Have you tried clicking on the actual flag symbol? That worked for me.