Maintenance Needed light

How do I reset the maintenance needed light on my 2002 honda accord? The mechanic forgot to do it last time the car was serviced and it just popped on prematurely. I know how to do it on my 2003 acura, but it doesn’t work the same way on the honda.

Push and hold the reset button. Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to the run position so that the dash lights come on. Continue holding the reset button for 10 seconds until the maintenance light goes out.

Tester

This is probably a dumb question. Where is the reset button? Thanks.

Have you considered using the Owner’s Manual? I would be very surprised if this procedure was not explained in the manual.

I may have missed it in the owner’s manual. I searched carefully but could not find it. I’ve been told that the manufacturer doesn’t want most owners to be able to turn off the light–they want you to return to the dealer for the maintenance the light refers to. I don’t know if that is accurate, but it makes a certain amount of business sense. I’ll take another look in the manual but, if I still can’t find it, and if no one here can tell me where the reset button is, I guess I’ll just have to live with the light until the car really needs service. No big deal!

It’s the odometer reset button.

Tester