2020's Ugliest Car

I’ll believe it when I see it…

1 Like

The price of the Cyber Truck or the 1/2 ton pickup price? A base XL 4 door F150 starts at $33k

I agree that the Tesla Cybertruck is ugly

If/when it goes into production, I suspect it will look drastically different . . .

2 Likes

Reminiscent of the lamented Ford Edsel of yore.

Not an ugly car but using VW fender parts to create custom VW Beetle looking mini scooters. I got a laugh from the short article’s comment about the first one made is so under-powered it has trouble getting out of its own way much like the original Beetles were. :grin:

2 Likes

OMG!!! I want one. I could use it on campus like a golf cart. They would have been perfect for the now discontinued Mad Bastard Scooter Rally.

They aren’t.

I would bet the opposite. Those flat surfaces sure are gonna save them a lot of money in the manufacturing process, which will help them keep the price competitive with other trucks (not that I believe their stated price points).

And while it’s definitely ugly, if I needed a truck with those capabilities, I wouldn’t care. Frankly I think most trucks out there are ugly these days. Giant monsters that look like something out of the Terminator movies. At least this ugly truck will get away from the other ugly trucks very rapidly. :wink:

3 Likes

Then we’ll have to agree to disagree . . . in regards to the final form

But I’m with you on the price points

In my opinion, it fell off the ugly tree and hit every single branch on the way down

4 Likes

Apparently, you’ve never seen an Edsel.

1 Like

Speaking of small vehicles, I saw this last week at the Udvar-Hazy Museum in VA:

1 Like

One of the best museums in the country. Not far from that display is the “flying car:”

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 8.13.18 AM

I fly a lot and I like it…but no way in hell would I get in one of those.

Yes, I’ve seen the Edsel, and I very much like its classic styling.

4 Likes

Didn’t they make something like that one time useing a ford pinto?

Good memory! Yes! The AVE Mizar. They welded the back half of a Cessna to both halves of a Pinto and somehow thought this was a good idea. A wing strut separated from the Pinto on the first test flight and they had to land it in a field, then drive it back to the airport. On the second test flight, the strut popped loose again, and this time the whole wing came off and it crashed, killing the company’s president (and lead designer) and the VP. Turns out the welds were shoddy, as was the design.

The one interesting part of the design was that you used both the airplane engine and the Pinto’s stock engine driving the wheels at the same time to shorten the takeoff roll.

3 Likes

Ugh! Way, way, way too heavy!!
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

1 Like

Maybe not. Big flat areas are notoriously difficult to keep that way. Without bends or other structure, they can be wavy and really difficult to make and keep that way.

Wow . . .

I’m not going to click “like” because the contraption was literally a death trap :skull_and_crossbones:

That’s just tragic

1 Like

Here, Hold my beer… I got this! :beer:

One more example of… There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

3 Likes