2020's Ugliest Car

Yeah, I like the frog-eyed Sprite too.

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

As ugly as those are, they each have some charm for being unique.

3 Likes

I don;t want to discuss the styling of 2020 cars. They all look like they were designed by the same wind tunnel engineers who only see on solution to the co-efficient of friction problem. At least in the 30s thru 60s the solutions were interesting. The Airflows had the round sloping hood, the 810 Cord was so beautiful that after that front drive car went out of business, the modified that body to pit on a dront drive car (Graham maybe) The 41 Studebaker used a V shaped hood with dropped fenders and from 53 thru 63 made some of the prettiest 2 doors and homeliest 4 doors on the same chassis. The Avanti was completely different from anything else and the late 50s -early sixties Mopars were some of the most extremely styled and distinctive cars. I particularly liked the Desotos and Chryslers the most. The 53 and 54 Corvettes were beautiful cars but with so many flaws the they only made 500 55s that had the V8s available It didn’t become a decent car til 56.

1 Like

make the grille body color.

What about this abomination?

It seems to have started with the Mitsubishi Evos.

I thought it was known as the bug-eyed Sprite . . . ?!

1 Like

It was…
And, if somebody didn’t like the appearance of the bug-eyed Sprite, he could choose to buy an MG Midget, which was mechanically identical, but with more conventional styling.

The Austin Healey Sprite Mk1 was called ‘Frog Eyed’ in the UK and ‘Bug Eyed’ in the USA. The Midget was a re-badged Sprite Mk2 which by then had been re-styled with conventional headlights.

2 Likes

Would you drive that in traffic?

I’d drive that little car in local traffic, looks like fun, but only provided everyone else was driving the same vehicle.

No way. Clarkson did, but he had a lot of help from the BBC and maybe local police controlling traffic.

1 Like

Got to be kidding, I would drive it any day.

WHICH little car . . . ?!

several different ones were pictured

The one in jtsander’s post 46 above.

Out of all the little cars pictured, you’d drive that one . . . ?!

It certainly screams “death trap” . . .

2 Likes

That’s more like a golf cart someone desecrated with fiberglass and sheetmetal. It belongs in a gated community on the cart paths…

I’d say whoever drives it belongs behind padded walls . . .

1 Like

The Peel P50, an actual production car at one point in time.

I’d say the Tesla Cyber Truck is kinda ugly, but I’d own one if I could afford the payments.
The dual motor AWD version at $50k is priced about the same as a nicely equipped 1/2 ton pickup today.

1 Like