2020's Ugliest Car

And that is exactly my point. You think the pacer isn’t bad looking. Some (maybe most) think it’s ugly. It doesn’t matter. It’s an opinion. I guess some people pick their cars by other peoples opinion.

1 year back I thought my 2019 Accord is on ugly side, but not to the point where I would care… boy… I did not yet see this new batch at that point!

I suppose it doesn’t matter, but I went out of my way to specifically discuss 2020 models so we wouldn’t have to rehash the discussion about old ugly cars for the hundredth time.

this conversation keeps repeating

2 Likes

I’d like to see that Yaris painted to look like a catfish (Photoshop, anyone?)
Aftermarket whiskers to go around the grill, like the eyelashes on the headlights I occasionally see?

4 Likes

The Mighty Whitey has spoken. We must all bow now.

1 Like

I’m not a moderator and I don’t make the rules here. I’m just telling you you’re off topic. If you want to rehash that old conversation again, have at it.

I did say it doesn’t matter, so I’m not sure why you’re being so bitterly sarcastic.

this post again

1 Like

I used to hate the Aztek until the Juke came along. That one made me appreciate the Aztek; which for some reason or another there’s still a bunch of them on the road here. I agree with this guy all the way…

The show Breaking Bad gave me newfound respect for the Aztec. Just giving Walter that car took care of a whole bunch of the character’s exposition. It said a lot about him.

3 Likes

Not at all. I’m enjoying the conversation.

I did not pay attention until this thread, but then 30 minutes ago I’ve seen this 2020 Yaris on the road, in dark-grey color, and it was not that bad looking.
This is probably the high-contrast combination of white and black what makes it ugly as hell.

I’m yet to see new Sonata around, but I do not expect that monstrosity to become a beauty in any color.

I looked at it in various colors. It’s the shape of the grill that gets me.

Get the color close to the one on the grill, do not wash it for 10 years and it might not be that bad after all :slight_smile:

1 Like

2010_toyota_yaris_angularfront
used to look like this. not long ago

That’s when it was a Toyota. The new Yaris is a rebadged Mazda2, with a new front end, I think.

1 Like

here’s the windshield of a friends 2020 Yaris. Apparently you aren’t the only one that thinks they look like a catfish. missing from the pic are the fishes dozen red roses and a box of chocolates he was carrying…

<disclaimer: nothing about my story is true. The pic is real, but the story has been changed to protect the innocent, and hopefully give a laugh.>

4 Likes

can be called classic design right on the spot

The Gaping Maw School of Design…

3 Likes

That’s kind of cute if you ask me.

1 Like

There is a quaint charm to it, I remember when the pickups changed their design, reminded me of the yellow submarine character,

1 Like