100 movie and tv cars

I was so caught up with Dianna Rigg and her character’s Lotus Europa that I forgot bout John Steed’s vintage Rolls Royce and Bentleys.

Not a car, sure, but that lawn mower from the Straight Story. Should be on the list.

Funniest car must be the Ford “Pinto” that blows up after being bumped slightly by a “Mercedes” in the 1984 movie “Top Secret.”

1912 Model T flown by Fred MacMurray in “The AbsentMinded Professor”.

In the movie" Vanishing Point" I believe it was a 442 Oldsmobile that the main character, Kowolski, drove from Denver to his demise in Nevada with the Caterpillar blades. Please confirm this was the vehicle.

Best car chase (without CGI) the 1974 film “Gone in 60 Seonds” directed and produced by Halicki

The Challenger in Vanishing point is very cool. Everyone knows about the Bullett Mustang, but the gorgeous black Charger was pretty sweet. Also, the BMW 2002 in Hancock warms my heart!

Larry3 - it was a 1971 Dodge Challenger - breaks my heart to see it crashed at the end!

My last one - the ‘Family Truckster Wagon’ in Summer Vacation!

I know someone must know this…The movie was called the “WRAITH” and it had a very stream lined rear engine black car that was driven by a ‘return from the dead’ kid that took his vengeance by racing those who had killed him. The car was so cool. Early eighties film…can’t remember but it seemed as though charlie sheen was in it??? doesn’t matter the movie was definitely about the “black car”!

Absolutely the '73 Ford Falcon on the MAD MAX movies.The Police Interceptor is it, hands down.

I just googled and found out the Wraith car was a dodge interceptor w4s…cost 1,500,000.00 to build! That was so awesome. movie was in 1986 and Charlie Sheen was actor.

1959 Pontiac Bonneville in Flamingo Kid was cherry!

@NMRemote: I don’t remember the Pinto gag in “Top Secret”, but in 1990’s “The Spirit of '76” a Pinto (described by the characters only as “is that the kind of car I think it is?”) blows up after being almost rear-ended by another car.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Jaguar Hearse from Harold and Maud.

I liked the Austin Healy Sprite driven by Harry Orwell in the t.v. series Harry O… Orwell was a former police detective that became a private investigator after an injury. The late David Janssen played the role. The Austin Healy Sprite broke down so many times that Orwell usually had to take the bus.
Another favorite of mine was the 1959 Cadillac driven by the police detective Bronk played by Jack Palance.

Yes, I second the nomination of Harold’s Jaguar “XKE-H”, from Hal Ashby’s movie “Harold and Maude”.

The look on Bud Cort’s face, as he sparks the torch and begins the surgery, is a classic as well. He shows his character in that moment as a young renaissance man, capable of technical craft in addition to his stagecraft in theatrical suicides for his mother’s clucking/secret applause.

Google “Jaguar Hearse”: a few more have been made, or least Photoshopped. But, none so lovely.

Whether Harold’s Jag could’ve carried more than a child or a chihuahua to its final rest is a matter for the same folk who notice and post continuity errors on imdb.com. Would’ve mad a nice shooting-brake, at least,
with the funeral scrolls removed.

When Tommy said Dustin Hoffman I thought he pegged it but he got the wrong movie. I’d go for Rainman and the beautiful late 40’s (?) Buick Roadmaster convertible. Pale yellow with maroon interior. Lots of metal and the Dyna- Flow transmition.

Kooky’s T bucket in 77 Sunset Strip…of course!

The Corvette from “Hot Rods to Hell” an old movie and I think the Vette was a 57, Both cars from "Two Lane Blacktop, a 55 Chevy and a Pontiac Goat, Most any of the cars from “American Grafitti”, the 55 Chevy in it was also the one from “Two Lane Blacktop”, Grandpa from the Munsters Dragula Coffin Car. A 67 or 68 Camaro from “Aloha Bobby and Rose”. The list goes on and on. The MadMax cars were Holdens I believe as it was filmed in Austrailia, Ford counterparts there. Enjoy