100 movie and tv cars

My favorite car was the Rolls Royce from the movie “The Yellow Rolls Royce”. This was a real beauty

I agree with the car driven by Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel in the Avengers. Never knew before that it was a Lotus. What was the great classic the John Steed drove?

Movie cars I liked were the Model T that flew when “flubber” was added; the original Beetle in the original “Footloose”; and the DeLorean in “Back to the Future.”

What was the old beater that “Columbo” drove? It was a loyal companion to him, just like the basset hound and that raincoat.

Columbo’s car was a Puegot–a French car. I read somewhere that the studio had two of them that were used in filming the show. The cars were trailered to the different sceenes.

Pontiac!!!
See:

I really like the “Bubble Car” from Woody Allen’s movie SLEEPER. Had a chance to buy it at auction for $3,000.
Problem: it’s a prop - not really a car. No engine or mechanics whatsoever. Perhaps because it was a “rush” job for Winfield. Had to be towed during filming. Interesting concept though.

the 1974 dodge monaco in the blues brothers cop motor,cop shocks. fix the cigarette lighter! what about the dog van from dumb and dumber? also who could forget the customized continental in animal house?

The 1958 Plymouth Fury from “Christine”. Yea, a car that fixes itself!!!

Not my favorite…but this bad boy surely deserves honorable mention!

Colombo’s character came from the French movie ‘Diablolique’, so it’s fitting that his car would be French.

without a doubt… top ten is the jag/hearse from Harold and Maude. I’d die for that car!

What ever Thelma and Louise drove over the cliff.

plymouth fury, blues brothers. the mall scene is a favorite. american metal at it’s heaviest. “the new oldsmobiles are in early this year”.

Two great sight gags in For Your Eyes Only. Bond & interchangeable dreambabe running from the
bad guys. “I’ve got a [getaway] car…” A Citroen 2CV (my nomination).
Plus when one bad guy runs up to Bond’s own interchangeable dreamcar: Aston Martin, whatever.
Security system decals, stern voice: “STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR!” He kicks it (who among us
hasn’t done that to some ***hole’s paranoiamobile in a crowded parking lot?) and it explodes.

There are so many. The “Bullitt” Mustang, the “Motorama” Mustang, the “Gone in 60 Seconds” Mustang… Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, Outatime DeLorean, Herbie, various Batmobiles & Bluesmobiles, the “Demolition Man” Pontiac, Munstermobile, Dragula… From all of those I think Chitty is my #1 fave, with Outatime & Herbie as real close 2nd & 3rds.

Good Lord, but I forgot the Bond cars; the flying Ford Pinto & the submarine Lotus Elite. Also the, “Gumball Rally”, “Cannonball Run”, and, “Smokey and the Bandit”, units. My bad!

@ dadoctah I don’t remember the Pinto gag in “Top Secret”,…

If you like slap stick humor you’ll love this movie. Remember, slapstick makes no sense but that’s half the fun. Here is the setting.

40’s WWII, in Europe and a German half track (I believe) is careening out of control in a field and there is nothing in this field, period, except a Ford Pinto. The half track comes up behind the Pinto and barely, just barely touches the rear bumper and a “tink” sound is heard. The camera pans back and then there is a HUGH, HUGH explosion.

Classic nonsense from the creators of the Airplane movie series.

wh400 from Larry3-I should have checked out the list first. My 1st cousin drove a 440 Cutlass back then and I equated it to that movie. It was a waste and the writers could have chosen a better ending.

I have to nominate the Land Rover Series I (referred to as “The Anti-Christ” which appeared in 1980’s The Gods Must Be Crazy. This poor, neglected vehicle stole every scene in which it appeared and should have been given acting credits by the producers! It was a hysterical part of an already funny film. It is my hope that people unfamiliar with this film give it a view. It is a quirky gem from South Africa.

The Dude’s “rust-coloration” 1973 Gran Torino from The Big Lebowski is my #1, and the Hearse-Jag from Harold & Maude is my #2 pick! Two favorite movies that would not be what they are without their vehicles!

1968, 390 Mustang GT from Bullitt driven by the King of Cool , Steve McQueen