World's Ugliest Car (in production)

How do you think that is worse than the Qube, or the xB (which has the same profile)

Note that Nissan is a essentially a division of Reneault; long known for avante guard designs. If you really want to offend your sensabilities, check out the Renault Twizy:

http://www.renault.com/en/Vehicules/renault/Pages/twizy.aspx

I would buy that car, from the pic. I would have to see it in person but it kinda looks like a vw bug on steroids!

Kia soul, nissan cube, toyota fj cruiser are some of the worst i have seen to name a few. Also, why did they make the civic and accord so ugly. They used to be fairly cute cars.

I don’t think I could narrow my choices down to one or two. Many newer cars make the old AMC Gremlin and Pacer look half presentable.

When I hear ugly car the Aztec is the one that always pops into my mind first. Bob Lutz, who took over GM after the Aztec was rolled out, stated once in an interview that he wanted some heads to roll over that thing but no one ever 'fessed up over who gave the final say-so.

At the current time my vote for downright hideous would be the Smart Car; especially the one I saw in TX on the interstate a few years back. Lemon yellow and bright blue striping with a wing that was apparently lifted off of a Top Fuel dragster. This was before they were actually being sold so it may have been a test bed of some sort.
The wing protruding 2 feet over the roofline and a foot out on each side just baffled me. This seemed like an accident waiting to go airborne; especially when a semi truck was near it.

Anything made in France.

I’ve always thought the Aztec looked like a baby garbage truck from the back. And when I see a Prius, they look to me kind of like a scaled-down Aztec. But the Qubes are pretty hideous, I’d agree.

That’s the great thing about aesthetics. What one person finds ugly, another can find beautiful.

Here’s a good-looking Peugeot:

Or maybe this little number:

Looks like a motorized rollerskate. But why “Twizy”? If you want to make an uglier version of the Smart car, why not call it “Dumb”? By the way, wasn’t there a family called Jukes, about whom many unkind (and politically incorrect) things were said?

Yeah the Cube was the one that came to my mind mostly because of the asymetrical back end. Really looks strange when you see it on the highway. I think the Renaults are taking some styling tips from the old '52 Studebakers, at least in the front end. You know what they say about French engineers though-they copy no one and no one copies them.

Speaking of the French, Playboy magazine I think it was did a humorous pictorial story many decades ago about WWII aircraft that never were.
The French plane was a strategic bomber that carried a crew of five bombardiers who were required to come up with a unanimous vote, while in the air, about where the bombs were to be dropped.

The Italian aircraft was a fighter plane that was equipped with an engine/propeller on each end and a swivel seat for those sudden change of loyalties. :slight_smile:

Smart Car + available Hello Kitty wrap

I dislike the shape of the tail lights and the angles of the roof line and side windows. The Cube and the xB are box-shaped, which I find less ugly.

My vote goes to the Fiat Multipla… any year. This looks like a car that they made by mistake.

Oh, yes. I agree. That is far uglier than anything else I have seen! You take the prize.

dont know what it is chinese maybe ugly for sure

I don’t know. This one does have a little charm, kind of like Chong’s VW Beetle with the Rolls Royce grill on the front in the movie Up in Smoke.

Camry is pretty ugly if you ask me, especially with the bullnose and creepy lights. What is it with all the Japanese mfgs going to these ugly headlight/taillight designs which really detract from overall appearance.

Nissan Cube. Chrysler PTO is right up there because it reminds me of the 1937 Ford, which was ugly to me mainly because it was such a lousy car.