2017 Nissan Juke - Should I Buy?

In looking to buy a Used juke 2017 or 2016, would like comments, thank you

It is Ugly - wait - it is really Ugly .

If that is what you want then why do you care what other people think . Just have a mechanic look over the one you want for problems.

I’ll second that Ugly…

For other comments, read here:

A used Juke is no different than any other used car.
They are not all the same. One may be a good car; another rolling junk. As Volvo mentions; have it checked out a by a mechanic.

One thing the Juke did for me is that it killed my ages old opinion that the Aztec was the ugliest car manufactured. The Aztec has now become Number 2 behind the Juke.

It’s kind of funny to watch Richard Hammond on the Grand Tour when a Juke is mentioned. His metabolism and hate level goes through the roof.

3 Likes

I’d only drive one of these if it came with a Groucho mask.

Tester

Besides the looks, the Juke is also pretty small on the inside for its size, I’d get something with more room.

I looked at the Juke when you could buy new and was tempted. Yes, the looks do get stares, but a lot of Nissan cars get those. It has a sort of AMC Pacer vibe to it, where some people love its unique look, most grimace. Owners seem to love them… well, unless they have problems that came up in the earlier models, around 70K miles.

They handle well on winding roads. If you can find one with the manual tranny, I read that acceleration is much improved. (I didn’t like the auto.) I loved the console and trim and it seemed to have adequate rear seat room. I read it’s not suited for off-road use, but it seemed OK for gravel roads (about as much off-road as I do). It is a small SUV, though… basically a taller passenger car. Room is limited compared to the monster SUVs available.

Overall, I liked the car enough to put it on my list. It had more room than I need, seemed well built, and I hadn’t heard of maintenance problems.

What turned me away was its gas mileage. My friend and I took his '15(?) automatic on a non-freeway journey, mostly around 60 MPH. He seemed fine with 24 MPG on our return. The (C&D?) review showed it averaged around 22 for their year-long test.

1 Like

Don’t let the ugly car people dissuade you if that is what you want and like. Not too much up on a Juke, but our daughter bought a green Soul, she likes it, she is happy and loves how it looks like a shark with the windsurfer tied to the luggage rack. I even let her park it in our driveway. As stated previously get a pre-inspection done and be happy.

Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving. - Dr T.P.Chia

1 Like

I owned an AMC Pacer once. It served our needs. If a Nissan Juke does the job for you and you find a good used one, why not?
I’ve never thought of a vehicle as a work of art. The only thing I can do is report my experiences with a particular vehicle that I may have owned. I would never suggest that a person buy or not buy a vehicle based on its looks.

For the size of the engine and the vehicle itself, that is fairly pathetic gas mileage.
My Outback–equipped with the optional 3.6 liter six-cylinder engine–gets slightly better gas mileage than the Nissan Joke, and yet, it has acceleration equivalent to a BMW 5-series. A vehicle as small as the Nissan Joke, with that small an engine, should be capable of much better gas mileage.

Did a road trip with girlfriend to FL and back in her gremlin with change from the change jar, oh the happy days!

If you like it, meets your needs, and the price is ok I see no reason not to buy a 2017 Juke.

There are some cautions however.

By reports we get here, Nissan CVT transmissions seem to be a little more problematic than other brands. The best work-a-round is to find a manual transmission Juke for sale. There’s a recall on the brake master cylinder, so make sure that work has already been done. There’s also a possibility that your shop will have to lubricate the hub bearing surfaces if you hear any weird noises during acceleration. Relatively minor job. I think the engine is a turbo design, more moving parts means less reliability on average, so budget for that.