Will You Be Paying More for Gas Starting Monday July 1st?

… and if somebody is driving a relatively modern vehicle, it gets much better gas mileage than the cars from “The Good Old Days”.

1 Like

A local TV news program reports gas prices weekly. A couple days ago they said that gas is up from last week but down from the price a year ago. They also said that Maryland prices are about 6 cents higher than the national average.

Average prices are up a dime recently, down from earlier.

Yeah of course back in 1968 I was getting 25 mpg with my vw but gas was 32.9. Got down to 19 during a gas war. When I looked back I had written a lot of $1 checks to the gas station. Still took a hit on my self imposed budget.

On Sunday I’d take my bride to be for dinner. 1,25 for the meat loaf, roast beef, or whatever the special was. Included veggie, mashed potatoe, and a scoop of home made ice cream.

1 Like

I tuned up a few VWs in the 60s and felt successful if the result was 24+ But everything is relative.

BP is now predicting peak oil demand will occur in 2025, after that falling off.

In the same report BP predicted that oil and natural gas use will steadily increase until the 2050s. Different boundary conditions lead to different predictions.

From what you say, even BP doesn’t know. And if BP doesn’t, nobody does. Predicting future oil demand apparently is a pure guessing game.

No, it’s that natural gas use will steadily increase, while oil peaks in 2025 and then slowly drops. All part of the same prediction.

As for it being a ‘guessing game’, they have one ‘continue current trends’ forecast and a different ‘net zero by 2050 forecast’. I’m betting more on the ‘continue current trends’ forecast. Both forecasts have oil peaking this decade.