Why is my post grayed out?

Why is my post grayed out?

This new format won’t let me log out. Very confusing!

Select the avatar icon top right of page

then select this button

Then select log out.

I’m still trying to figure out what you mean by grayed out, it looks the same as the other poster to me

3 Likes

It will usually stay greyed until someone posts something.

If you are asking why your thread title isn’t highlighted in bold like other posts may be in the same category, that’s b/c the bold highlighting occurs when a new post is added to the thread. So you don’t have to re-read a thread that you’ve already read all the posts to date. If a new post is added to the thread, then the thread title will be highlighted in bold. After I post this, the thread title should be highlighted in bold in the “General Discussion” topic , b/c you haven’t read it yet. After you read it, back to grey. Everyone’s bold/grey view is different, b/c it depends on which threads they have read.

Already answered

Please, someone tell me how to log out!

Thank you
 I had trouble logging out several weeks ago.

Frankly GrandMarquis, I think you’re over thinking this. On messageboards/forums it’s not terribly important to log out. I just close the tab or go to my next URL. So don’t worry about it here.

Now banks, email and other financial web sites I will definitely log out when I’m done.

Other than emails, most of those will automatically time you out, or log you out as soon as you close the tab
 email is a different story
 well at least all the ones I deal with do anyway
 lol

If other people are sharing your computer, and you simply close the browser without logging out of the forum first, if someone else using your computer surfs to the forum, you may still be logged in. Try the experiment to know for sure: when logged in, close the browser, then surf back to the forum using a new browser window & click a few links here. Are you still logged in?

Posts are grayed out if you’ve already viewed all the comments.

You can log out by clicking on your icon in the top left corner, choosing the ‘head and shoulders’ icon that comes up on the bottom of the dialogue box that pops up. Log out is the last choice.

Grand Marquis said in one of his other threads that he now knows how to logout and has left the building.