Who Drives a Girlie Car?

Of course, it doesn’t matter to anyone but a marketing whiz that wants to know how to create an ad campaign. I wanted to generate some conversation by presenting it in an inflammatory way. Troll of the day!

I don’t have any of the man-mobiles either. The sports cars are too expensive and the trucks don’t appeal to me. Like, Mike, I want to buy a Corvette or XLR when the kids get out of school. I might could handle the car, but I’m not sure about all the bling that bscar says we need.

Oh, by the way, the Ford dealer I work for ?
Gurley Motor Co. ( Yes, pronounced girlie ! ) www.gurleymotor.com
I guess that makes everything I drive a "girlie’ car…says so right on the label; “Gurley” Motor company.

I drive a Scion tC. Would you like to step outside and make somethin’ of it?

“I drive a Scion tC. Would you like to step outside and make somethin’ of it?”

Yeah. I’ve never taken a ride in a Scion, much less a tC. When do we go?

What kinda bling did I say we need?
I just think a V8 converted Miata would make a fun car even more fun

"I drive a Scion tC. Would you like to step outside and make somethin’ of it? "

If the color of your tC is taupe, lilac, mauve, magenta or lipstick, you definitely be the “girly car” owner. :=)
IMO, color has as much to do with car label choices.

“IMO, color has as much to do with car label choices.”

I almost always buy used. If I see a car in good shape and priced properly, then I buy it, well maybe not pink, but that’s about it.

Or bright yellow…or fire engine red or…

I own a Toyota Yaris but since it has a MANual transmission, I consider it a man car.

I draw the line at those stupid ‘stick figure’ portrayals of my family on the rear window.

I have a 1997 F-150 4WD, a 2003 Mustang GT (supercharged), and a 1974 Triumph TR6. Tremble at my manliness.

“Or bright yellow…”

Yellow is a girlie color. One of my daughters is just mad for a bright yellow Xterra.

bscar, you have often ragged on Corvette drivers of a certain age, saying they needed the car and bling to make up for certain aspects of aging.

Dag, I don’t even know what most of those colors are.

JT, what’s wrong with using your car to compensate for certain aspects of aging? Besides, hopefully we’ll all reach an age where we feel free to drive what we want totally without regard to its “manliness” or “girliness”.

Do you know the difference between being “crazy” and being “eccentric”? Net worth.
Similarly, the single biggest difference between a “manly” car and a “girly” car is behind the steering wheel. Besides, can you think of anything sexier than a Jeep Wrangler with the top off driven by a girl in cutoffs and a halter top?

"Besides, can you think of anything sexier than a Jeep Wrangler with the top off driven by a girl in cutoffs and a halter top? "

YES…a girl in a mini-skirt and halter top.

Depends on the girl. The wrong one can convert the vehicle from “guy magnet” to “beast-mobile”.

Yes, when my gf is behind the wheel of her Crossfire, or my Boxster, at the track, with the top down, her helmet on, and is stepping the back end of the car out around the hairpin while under full throttle. Or slicing through the chicane without lifting off the throttle, and pulling onto the back straight approaching triple digits.

That’s as hot as it gets, folks.

Girly car or not, when its being driven hard and fast, it gets your attention.

BC.

PS, I hate this stupid new software that won’t allow you to quote someone, or use the tags to quote someone.

"Dag, I don’t even know what most of those colors are. "

“Same”. And you think I do ? I had to ask my wife for a few “girlyman” colors just to make the point that often, it’s the color and not the vehicle type preferred by men or women. Women would be just as apt to own a PU if their needs require it, it just might be a light “magenta” though.

"JT, what’s wrong with using your car to compensate for certain aspects of aging? Besides, hopefully we’ll all reach an age where we feel free to drive what we want totally without regard to its “manliness” or “girliness”. "

That’s it - shoot the messenger. I was just giving bscar a hard time for a few posts he made in the last couple of years concerning older guys in Corvettes. Or Vipers. I don’t really car why someone drives a specific car. Trying to figure that out makes my head hurt. In my case, I’ve been a devoted family man forever (well, it seems that way…) and I wouldn’t mind a fun car after the kids all get out of college. I’m sure I can swing something, but not sure exactly sure what. Lately, I’ve been eying the 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, and I think the Cadillac XLR may have moved past the Corvette on the list. Maybe an XLR-V?

I don’t really remember making those comments, but if you say I did…

No shots intended JT, I’m just at an age where I find it necessary to compensate…

Nobdy knows why people buy the cars they do. The car company execs THINK they do, but IMHO they just get lucky once in a while. Or they retreive something that succeeded many years ago because they haven’t gotten lucky in a while.

Men getting trucks to me says nothing, its a utility thing, mostly used for work.

Some of the other “choices” is how they market the cars. Ford has the Flex ad with cool moms and such, I have a friend who wants to buy a Flex for himself with 3 young kids but feels it is not his “style”. Now Honda has started targeting the male buyer with its ads, lets see what happens.