@wesw

been drivin’ all night,
my hands wet on the wheel
voice inside my head
that drives my he-el.

last car to pass, now here I goooo
the line of cars goes down real slow

my baby called, said I need you here
its half past 4 and I m shiftin’ ge-ars…

“Radar Love” by Golden Earring

yep.

Get your kicks, on route 66.

A fantastic driving song and anthem for truckers…

I forget who, but someone covered this song some years ago and got politically correct with it by changing the"little white pills" line in it.

“I’m In Love With My Car,” by Queen:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=a8EYUKmmnqc

Aretha singing ‘Pink Cadillac’ always gets me moving. Not really a car song, more of a relationship song, but ‘Baby, You Can Drive My Car’ makes me laugh. My favorite car line from a song is, ‘Out on the road today, saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac’, from Don Henley’s wonderful ‘The Boys of Summer’

a little voice inside my head said, don t look back, you can never look back…

Yup, Wes, that song is a terrible earworm. At least it’s a terrific song, unlike most earworms. I really like Don Henley, though his post-Eagles songs became increasingly bitter. Still gorgeous, but the lyrics, ouch. He must have had a lot of bad days when he wrote them. ‘The Boys of Summer’ is an exception, though even it is slightly depressing. At least he’s hopeful about winning her back.

“lost highway” hank williams

great song whitey! one of my favorites…

damn it, I hate to start my day with a tear in my eye.

great songs trigger emotion. I really need to dust off my guitar and start playing my songs again.

when my lung was removed, I stopped playing as I could no longer sing my songs.

now that my remaining lung has grown larger I can sing again if I ever get the ambition.

not sure but I think playing may even help my arthritic fingers.

you have inspired me whitey. thanks

And how about Phantom 309

One of my favorite and immensely talented groups in site of the schtick. Word is they were illterate hillbillies in the Appalachians who found an AC/DC record along with an old record player in the wreck of a crashed BMW on a mountain turn with the dead yuppie still inside and the rest is history…

Sorry folks, I’m not going to read all this right now so may be a repeat, but I like Johnny Cash’s one part at a time. “I got one part at a time and it didn’t cost me a dime . . .” Who hasn’t thought of this themselves?

“Six Days On The Road” is where you get the little white pills…But after 2 days, big ugly things start crawling up out of the ditches…

“Tiger in my tank”-Kevin

hayseeds be jammin’. I do love bluegrass. in fact I have my grandmothers four album set of the world s greatest bluegrass around here somewhere…

momma don t allow no hound dog playin round here, no momma don t allow hound dog playin round here.
wes don t care what momma don t allow, gone play his hound dog any how, no momma don’t allow no hound dog playin round here

I like all genres except most rap and pop. The BS involved in that is just too deep for me and the talent pool can be pretty shallow…

Count Basie to Hank Williams Sr. and Bill Monroe on up through Metallica and Judas Priest; all good. :slight_smile:

I like blue grass too (edit) for a little while anyway. My doc is a fiddle player in a blue grass band for fun. I guess takes his mind off what he had to do all day.