Great Car Songs

I am headed to the wilds of Oregon for our annual “Rag Top Rally”, and would like to present a gift CD to my fellow travelers of great car & road trip songs. My list incudes: Deuce Coupe, Mustang Sally,

Route 66, Pink Cadillac, Baby you can drive my car etc, but I’m looking for a broader selection. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

What about Radar Love-Golden Earing, Take it Easy- Eagles, Life is a Highway- Tom Cochrane, Six Days on the Road-Merle Haggard, Ramrod-Bruce Springsteen, I don’t know, there are so many great ones! Good Luck and have fun!

Cadirac Style, I Love NASCAR, New Car, Riding with Inmate Jerome; all by Cledus T. Judd.

Thanks for your help. Should be a great trip

Thanks for your help. Look forward to adding these songs to the list

409, Shut Down, Little Old Lady From Pasedena, Fun Fun Fun, Little Honda, Rocket 88.

Here’s a few hundred more: http://www.calif-tech.com/blog/carsongs.html

A personal favorite of mine is Traffic Jam by James Taylor. You should also check out the Easy Rider soundtrack. Any songs you like from that soundtrack could be included on your CD.

I’ve always liked “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman

six days on the road- dave dudley
movin on- merle haggard
white line fever-- merle haggard
convoy- c w mccall
wolf creek pass - c w mccall

thunderbird and jaguar
dear dad
no money down
come on- all by chuck berry

Beep Beep by the Playmates for you oldies.

New riders of the purple sage, 15 days under the hood, an old theme song, who were they?

Wiki ~ New Riders of the Purple Sage is an American country rock band. The group emerged from the psychedelic rock scene in San Francisco, California in 1969, and its original lineup included several members of the Grateful Dead.

Also Hot Rod Lincoln, Commander Cody

If you get download helper for Firefox you can save them to write to cd!

Highway patrolman - johnny cash
one piece at a time - johnny cash

highway patrol - jr brown / not the same song as j cash
broke down south of dallas - jr brown

Does not any body love these as I?

“Hot Rod Lincoln” by Commander Cody
"Mercury Blues" covered by many including Steve Miller Band and David Lindley

Paradise by the Dashboard Lights >:)

(very) (somewhat nerdy) broad mix:

Cars by Gary Numan

Stickshifts and Safety Belts by Cake.

Going the Distance, also by Cake.

Land of Race Car YaYa’s, again by Cake - good for traffic jams.

Maybelline by either Chuck Berry or Simon and Garfunkel (concert in Central Park)

Dead Man’s Curve by Jan & Dean

Speedball Tucker by Jim Croce (ok, it’s trucks, but it’s a vehicle)

Little GTO by Ronnie and the Daytonas

Drivin’ My Life Away by Eddie Rabbit

Low Rider by War

And for real dork cred, get the theme from Knight Rider :wink:

“Mercury Blues” covered by many including Steve Miller Band and David Lindley

if this is the same song that Alan Jackson covered recently then the version that Canned Heat did is fantastic.

How about Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car”, Incubus, “Drive”? Great songs.

Oh yeah, you should add Zeppelin’s “Kashmir”, just because it imparts invincibility and invulnernabilty on the listener for about four minutes. I think there may be black magic involved but it has never failed me. Nothing to do with driving except it’s a great song to drive while it’s playing. Dum dum dum, dum dum dum…

As much as I love kashmir I had never thought to consider it a car song, so since we are off topic you might enjoy Court of the Crimson King,

try hang on st. christopher, tom waits on his franks wild years cd.