What s your favorite car song?

wesw Why didn’t I think of this topic? I grew up on car songs!

There are too many I like.
Hot Rod Lincoln.
Little Old Lady from Pasadena,
Ride, Sally, Ride,
Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road http://www.cloudlyrics.com/wainwright-loudon-lyrics-dead-skunk.html,
and more

the same mountainbike Yeah! Wilson Picket Mustang Sally (ride Sally ride)! Good call!

One Headlight Jacob Dylan, yes bob’s son http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hgcu_the-wallflowers-one-headlight_music

Thanks. They’re all good calls, all the way through the thread.
Had to get the Dead Skunk song in.

Ronnie and the Daytonas Little GTO!

Sammy Hagar "I Can’t Drive 55"

When the speed limit was 55 from coast to coast I drove from Oakland CA to Tupelo MS via LA in 42 hours. There were stretches of highway where I filled up, entered the expressway and accelerated to 90 and didn’t get below 90 until the next gas stop and cars often passed me. I recall a sign in TX that warned NEXT GAS 200 MILES.

I’m surprised that at least one version of this song hasn’t made the list yet. This is my fvorite YouTube version.

The first time I heard this album in a friends dorm room, I knew I had to eventually get the album and a good stereo to play it on. Eventually I got both.

Overture to Grand Prix

I hope it’s OK to throw in a truck song

JERRY REED-------EAST BOUND AND DOWN.

BOO YA!!!

Beatles, Drive My Car

Grateful Dead, Truckin’

Well, used in some car commercial so maybe that qualifies it as a car song.

Here’s another truck song.

I ll never forget driving my big 75 explorer to Massachusetts to live and get married, fully loaded with all my thngs and my son, in the middle of night, with my vision fogged by flash burns, pooring pack after pack of artificial tears into my eyes, til my shirt was soaked with them, in the rain, in 1998

anyway, about 3 am, my vision cleared and a song came on the radio, on the empty Connecticut highway and this song came on the radio…

been drivin’ all night,
my hands wet on the wheel
voice inside my head
that drives my he-el.

last car to pass, now here I goooo
the line of cars goes down real slow

my baby called, said I need you here
its half past 4 and I m shiftin’ ge-ars…

well, the marriage was a disaster, but that 75 ford with the 390 and three on the tree was great…

“Thunder Road”, Robert Mitchum…“409” Beachboys…

As for Commander Cody…

Then, of course, Chuck Berry cranks out “Maybellene”

great songs all, I have only begun to get thru them.