Car Related Music Groups

After The Same Mountain Bike posted about his town acquiring an REO I got to thinking.

How many music group names are vehicle related?
Right off the top I can think of
REO SPEEDWAGON (obviously)
TRAFFIC
THE CARS
BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE (fred turner, randy bachman and a truck driving magazine named overdrive. Of which I always made it to the local kenworth dealer to obtain my copy)
THE EDSELS

WHAT CAN YOU ADD?

Big Drill Car, Dashboard Confessional, Death Cab for Cutie, Flying Lotus, Pantera

Chevelles, Drive-By Truckers, Rocket 88 (Ian Stewart’s band).

ON A RELATED NOTE: songs about cars!
Little Red Corvette (Prince), Maybelline (Chuck Berry), Highway Star (Deep Purple), Brand New Car (Rolling Stones)…and many more!

Ok, reaching now. Susan Vega /Chevy Vega

The Fabulous Thunderbirds, El Dorados, Tempest, and Fairlanes are a few and while not necessarily related to 4 wheels; Gaye Bykers on Acid.

Truth be known, there’s probably very few car models around that haven’t had a band of some sort named after them. Most will remain relatively unknown.
Since that got me thinking I decided to check. Sure enough. some band was scraping rock bottom and took the name Aztek…

Chubby Checker?

Well The Beatles. Sounds the same anyway as the VW Beetle.

Forgive me if I don’t hardly recognize any of those bands.

Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
(“Devil in a Blue Dress” )
(“C.C. Rider” 1966 )
CSA

Songs about cars? hmmm… maybe James Taylor’s “Traffic Jam”. Or didn’t Neil Young do one about an Econoline Van? My favorite vehicle related song – a motorcycle – is “Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi

“I’m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I’m wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive”

The memory is very fuzzy but I think there was a band called The Roadrunners. Whether the name was because of the car or the bird I have no idea.

Flash Cadillac and the Continental Kids. Who can forget a song called Radar Love? Golden Earring had another hit called Twilight Zone but it wasn’t about cars.

The doors?
Nope. 4 door band, not car :wink:
The band took its name from the title of Aldous Huxley’s book The Doors of Perception,[

2 groups, a German and an Irish, both playing Irish folkmusic, both named Morris Minor.

http://www.marktplatz-osnabrueck.de/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-4/79_read-1546

Ronnie and the Daytonas.

Heh, I seemed to recall an opening act somewhere that called themselves “Laidlaw.”

Don’t know how I forgot Booker T and the MGs.

Crosstown Traffic, Jimmi Hendrix

Thanks @sgtrock21 … I was having that thought rolling around inside my mostly empty brain during this thread, that there was a band with “MG” in the name, but I couldn’t think what it was. It’s a troubling feeling to think you remember something, but can’t remember what that something is. Now my brain can return to being happy and completely empty … lol …

Van Morrison…? :smiley:

Van? ok, wasn’t there a group called the chevelles? Now if only there was a group called the Stanley Steamers.
Anyone remember NRPS, new riders of the purple sage? 15 days under the hood a great car song, its original lineup included several members of the Grateful Dead.
Sorry for the lame video but the song was the only version of the original I can find now.