What is the origin of the name you use on Car Talk?

Maj.Minor and Gen.Specific was taken when the Microsoft game zone still had a Flight Sim room so I got Pvt.Public and it just got familiar to type over the past 10 years.

I’m an ASE Certified Master Technician. I’m sure I come across as overly proud of that fact but that was not my intention. If I remember correctly several of the usernames I wanted were unavailable. I did want to show that I am an automotive professional and not a DIYer here, so I tried for something that would convey that. asemaster was the first username that was accepted.

Not very creative, I know.

I really could not think of anything real snappy and I have a variety of interests/hobbys.
But Johnny Cash has always been my favorite musical artist and the song Mean Eyed Cat is one of my favorites. He wrote it in the 60’s and recorded it but never thought it was complete, he did not like the ending.
In the 2000’s he added to the song and stated he now likes the song and it took 40 years to write it.

Tom and Ray test drove a dodge van. They hoped that drivers would follow the instructions written on the front of it and that they would not follow the instructions written on the back. I added please to the front. 2 was added because I had to reregister here and could not use the same name.

Dagosa mentioned golf as being part of his ID and that’s a pasttime I never, ever had an interest in until a year or so ago when one of my sons cajoled me into giving it a try.
My ID should include the word “humbled”… :frowning:

No, @ok4450 golf is like cars, you start off with a great thing in mind and get thrown off by circumstances, and play on from there, car repair is like golf, but you are great.

When I signed up, I was attending a trucking school. I have always driven a stick-shift, and I live in Pittsburgh. Due to the topography here, there are several tight, up-hill turns where I have to double clutch into first gear in my car. When the truck driving instructors started taking us out in the trucks, I caught on to the unsynchronized transmissions almost immediately.

My avatar picture is the organ console at St. Bernard RC Church in Mt. Lebanon, a suburb just south of Pittsburgh. I was one of the organists there for several years.

The origin of my screen name?
I’m sorry, but if I told you, I would have to kill you.

;-))

Subie VDC Outback?

^
Darn…You figured it out!
When I registered, I was driving a 2002 Outback 3.0 VDC.

Or…am I not telling the truth?
Only the NSA knows for sure…

;-))

Thanks guys…Some of your handles were easy to guess…but some…not in a million years.

In our hiking group we have a woman whose handle is “parachutegirl”. She earned it honestly, having served in the armed forces special unit which required making jumps into emergency extraction situations.

I always was a car guy, as a kid in '50’s I could name every car make and model and still do it pretty good now. I got into motorcycles as my kids got to college age. Eventually around 2000 I developed a special interest in '82 and '83 Honda CX turbo motorcycles. At one time I had a '78 CX500 (non turbo), a '98 Honda VTR 1000 (V twin sport bike), 3 '82 CX500T’s (turbo) and one '83 CX650T (last year Honda made the turbo). One of my nephews started calling me “Uncle Turbo” and I kind of liked it.

In 2005 I hit a deer riding a CX500T on a country road in NE PA. I was in bad shape, but the full face helmet saved my life. When you hear the state trooper call in for a chopper you know things aren’t good. Mostly I had major chest trauma, and I did recover. But I decided my aggressive riding style didn’t match well with the huge deer population in the area. I sold off all the bikes. Now on a nice day I enjoy taking my '04 T’bird convertible out for a ride in the open air. Not the same as a bike but close enough and safer for me. So at the moment I don’t own anything with a turbo, but the name goes on.

Accordion - on my 2nd Accord and will probably buy a third.

Accordion

I have not seen Trans man or Cigroller post in ages. Are you posting under a different handle now? I always appreciated their comments.

When I was very young a nice old man had a repair shop in my home town. He was a little hard of hearing so when something was said that he didn’t quite understand, he would say Wha, Who?. He meant What, Who?

Could you repeat that, I couldn’t hear you.

Mine is easy. Having worked as a bodyman/frame man since I was a kid. I now am old as my grand kids say ( not realy old I am 52 ). I now work as an auto and poperty adjuster.

When she was young my mom was a Girl Scout camp counselor. They had to use nicknames easy for the kids to remember. So she modified her real name to Marnet (pronounced Mar-net like it is spelled). I borrowed it as an easy user name online.

I had to add the 2 to my name when the servers conked out awhile back. But, my screen name is a mix of letters from my name; B Scar

When I first ventured into internetland back in the Napster era(late 90s), I used my full last name, but others in the chat room with me would just call me bscar for short; I’ve used it ever since then when I register for sites