Turn signal noise will not stop

The turn signal noise in the hazard light terminal will not shut off. Should the terminal be replaced or is it some other electrical issue? 2002 Grand Am

More than likely the Multifunction (turn signal) switch, common problem for GMs of that era. Try spraying some CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner into the base of the switch. I had the same problem with a 2000 Blazer, the spray stopped the clicking for a few days, but I ended up replacing the switch anyway. Note the clicking was continuous whether or not the turn signal was used. The turn signal bulbs worked normally when the turn signals were engaged.

Google “grand am multifunction” for https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=grand%20am%20multifunction%20switch%20recall

Ed B.

Which lights are continuing to flash? The turn signals or the hazards lights?

The signal clicker noise will not stop when the turn signals are off. The noise comes from the Hazard light switch. Thanks for feedback.

Yes, I understand that. The question was which lights are visibly flashing? All four or just the left side or the right side?