Trying to settle on a new to me pickup truck

I hade a water diverted like that in my 1998 Regal to prevent water from getting into the cabin air filter. It came from the factory that way.

I’ve always thought the best seal design for the hood/cowl interface would be flexible water-proof material that attaches on one side to the top of the hood, and the other side to the cowl. That function could easily be achieved with just a length of 4 inch wide flexible plumber’s tape along the top edge of the hood, but that method wouldn’t be aesthetically pleasing. It would work though. Since there’s a simple solution available, only requiring better aesthetics, wondering why it isn’t done? . The last thing the car owner or their shop wants is rain water pouring into the engine compartment.

I believe the Tundra is made in San Antonio, TX, if that has any relevance to your question.

I don’t care for the newer Tundra front end design, myself. Looks too blocky, somehow.

The ones I’m referring to are the body style within the past 10 years or so. Of course, you’d have to buy a used one.

Tundra has been built in Texas since the 2nd generation debuted, The Nissan Titan is also built in the USA, In Canton Miss.

Speaking of pickup trucks… :rofl:

7 Likes

If I were to ever buy a pickup truck, it would be domestic

2 Likes