Trush washer broke in 95 olds tranny

The over-drive went in my 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme, Upon removing the tranny pan, found a part of plastic. (tush washer). Also found that one of the three metal lines was loose,the one with rubber hose. Upon re-connecting that, the check engine light went out and car seems o.k. Will it be o.ok now?

Are you sure you have the name of that washer correct? Finding loose parts in the pan is not a good sign.

The piece that was found is yellow plastic about 3 in.x1/2 in. of a 4in. round disc.

A “Tush washer”??? Ok, I’m not going to go there. What you are refering to is called a “Thrust washer”. With it missing, you are going to have some metal to metal wear between parts. Cant tell you for sure how much longer she will last but just beware. Dont go on any long trips.

transman

Transman, are there any PLASTIC thrust washers in this transmission? Seems like a plastic version wouldn’t last very long.

Jay, Oh yea, there are plastic thrust washers in automatics. I’ll snap a pic of one for you and post it when I get to the shop on Tuesday.

transman

Transman, thanks. I’ve been inside my fair share of automatics, but not for many years now. Mostly 350’s from the 60’s and 70’s, and the odd 400 as well. Some Chrysler stuff too. Don’t remember ever seeing a plastic thrust washer, but that just means my memory is fading as fast as my eyes. And I’m sure that plastic is a lot more popular these days than it was 'way back then.