Tranny Fluid exchnage- 99 Integra, 72k

Manual states, for severe condition, change every 2 yrs or 24k, whichever comes first (for normal driving, every 6 yrs or 72k).

Mine is used for regular drive mostly and it only does 5k each yr- mostly in town driving. So its done 2yrs and 2 months with only 10k miles since last fluid change.

When is the optimal time to do it?

Curious, under the current driving, should I do it every 3 yrs? I plan to do it my self. Fluid prob cost $20 from Acura.

Thanks

In town driving means your transmission is shifting up and down a lot (compared to highway driving where it’s not shifting at all.)

If you can change it this cheap and you don’t mind doing the work yourself, I’d err on the side of every 2 years. What about the filter? Does it have one? I wouldn’t bother changing the filter as often as the fluid.

Can you drain the converter or does only half the fluid come out when you drain it?

Drop pan,clean pan and filter or get new one. If you cannot clean filter is it worth reuseing compaired to a new $3-4000 trans?
Use CORRECT fluid and do not get talked in a flush!

Thanks to both of you.

I went & bought the fluids before they close.

Honda’s are instructed to just drain & refill. Experts - through forum - heard that they have done other things - maybe filter.

Last time,it was done at a shop as it needed a new radiator. The other Integra has a used tranny installed in the shop. So I might just drain and refill.