Interval of Tranny fluid change - factory recommends 2 yrs on 2000 or prior models

Those with Honda’s know the Auto Tranny needs some extra care - there is no filter to change.

Factory recommends drain and fill every 2 yrs, which I have been doing.

After Acura TL (?) had some issues, Honda made a machine to suck old fluid completely out - heard dealership did not touch these machines for 6 months!

I am wondering if I should change these fluid every 1 yr instead of 2 yrs on any of my two cars - one is pre 1990 (1st gen) with 165k - but replaced tranny 7yrs ago with a used one and it had done 25k. Other is around 2000 (3rd gen) with 120k. The 1st gen does 3k every year and the other does 8k.

I could take to dealership and ask them to drain the whole fluid out - sometime this might make the tranny from stop working given the age on the 1st gen.

Are there any other tips?

A properly performed transmission service won’t damage the transmission. It can only help.

Can’t speak to how often you should service your car’s transmissions. That depends on the car and how you drive it. But servicing it too often, as long as the procedure is done correctly, won’t cause any damage, except to your wallet.

We’ve owned two Accords and the interval was 40k miles or every 3 years. What Honda model year says ever 2 years???

I’ve always changed every 30,000 miles regardless of what anyone says, but just a drain and fill. Our Acura dealer now is saying 30,000 miles too. We’ve had a couple TLs and and RDX now with no problems.