TPMS sensor

I have a 2008 dodge charger v6 2.7L engine. The tpms light is blinking. How can I find out which one is bad?

A blinking TPMS light indicates there’s a problem the TPMS.

You have to bring the vehicle to the dealer/shop that is capable of pulling the codes for the TPMS.

Tester

+1

Or invest in a code reader capable of pulling TPMS codes. Like this one, for example.

I see the scanner can pull ABS codes, but it doesn’t mention that it’s capable in pulling TPMS codes.

Tester

So, recommend to the OP that he be sure that the one he selects IS.

If the OP wants to spend the money on a tool that they’ll rarely use, then this one.

http://www.eastwood.com/autel-maxi-tpms-ts401-diagnostic-and-service-tool.html?mrkgcl=764&mrkgadid={_mrkgadid}&rkg_id=h-a1f2f6e41506402dd617b409bbb1d7cd_t-1509913317&SRCCODE=PLA00040&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&creative=10262021213&device=c&matchtype=e

Tester

Yup, that one would do it! That’s an excellent suggestion.
A shop would probably charge him that much just to tell him what’s bad.
HF used to have a chart of the capabilities of each reader, but I couldn’t find it in the current catalog.

Well?

If OP spent the money on this scanner, and found a bad sensor, unless the OP has a tire machine/balancer, they’re dead in the water, and would have to bring it in anyway.

Tester

There’s no code that came up. Just the tpms light.

Have you considered the obvious and checked that your tire pressure is adequate?

Good advice to carefully check the tire pressures in all the tires including the spare (if equipped) first. If not that, those sensors tend to have a battery life of about 10 years. You’re at year 9 I’m guessing on all of them, so this isn’t an entirely unexpected occurrence. A diy’er can Mickey Mouse a test for a wheel speed sensor, but I’m not aware of anything similar for a tire pressure monitor. You’ll need access to the Dodge scan tool. With that tool the problem of which sensor it is will be identified in a jiffy.

Good point. I tip my hat to that one.

That too is a good point. You (the OP) may want to check the owner’s manual too and see if there’s a procedure to reset the system. In my car there’s a “reset” for the code as well as a separate “initialization” procedure to reset the baselines for the tires from which the computer determines a low tires. Yours may be different, but the owners’ manual should define it.

I was skimming thru some of the automotive resources at my public library and noticed that they lend some automobile diagnostic hardware.