Toyota Stock Radio/CD/Tape aux output

I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma with the factory stereo, single CD, tape deck.

I want an aux output to plug in my ipod and figure there has to be a way to do it on the cheap, without replacing the stereo.

I am OK with losing the tape player if someone knows how to disconnect that and hook up an auxiliary plug (headphones size plug) I have a cable to plug in from the aux outlet to the ipod, just need to connect to stereo somehow.

Thanks for the help in advance, new here, but listen to the crazy guys all the time.

If you want to PLAY your I-pod through your car radio, you can buy a gizmo that looks like a cassette tape but it has a cord which will plug into your I-pod. This device will let you “input” audio through the tape player… Car radios seldom have input jacks. I used one to allow a portable CD player to play through the cars stereo system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Audio-Cassette-Tape-For-iPod-iPhone-Blackberry-Sony_W0QQitemZ300324592331QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item45ecbd9acb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I currently use the tape adapter, sound quality improvement is what I am after, I have tried the FM transmitters as well, not too good in Denver.
I figure there has to be a way to disconnect tape deck and add aux jack, thanks for trying though.

Your two options are to get an FM transmitter that patches directly into the antenna cable (as commonly used in CD changers) or to just replace the stereo head with one with an aux in.

Goto www.Crutchfield.com and call and they are beyond helpful.

I found my 1995 Civic stock radio not only connected the iPod it control directly using CD changer controls.