Top speed of 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

On a section of I-25 in south Denver, they increased the 55 mph speed limit to 65 because drivers were averaging 65 to 70 mph in that area.
I-25 through Denver was originally 70 mph, I recall.

Robert,

What company do you deliver blood for?
I live in the Denver area, and I drive a Porsche Boxster.

Since it sounds like you use your own personal vehicles, I would like to apply to your company so that I could deliver this blood at 149 mph, which will save considerable time when seconds matter.

I don’t remember when you first showed up on our website, but all your questions have been pretty pointless. You don’t really care much for our answers, and you really don’t seem to care about having an appropriate vehicle for the service you vehicle performs.

What I really don’t understand is how you are even allowed to do what you claim to do.
Yes, I can understand the local police forces out here not pulling you over if they see you flying by while on call. I have experienced that myself in my previous line of work 12 years ago, here in the Denver area. The police here do in fact give professional courtesy to quite a few other lines of work for civilians.

The issue I have with you is that the questions you ask really shouldn’t even need to be asked by someone who knows vehicles, knows their occupation, and knows how things work in the real world.

That’s what worries me about you charging around the areas that I live in, and my family lives in, and my friends live in, driving the way you do, with absolutely no knowledge of what you are doing. And you are doing it in vehicles that are unsafe for the conditions that you put them in.

BC.

Don’t feed the trolls.

We can use other volunteers.

Apparently some readers here fail to understand that high speeds are not attained around other drivers.
We are just like any ambulance service.
Not like Police or Sheriff or State Patrol which attain much higher speeds.

Yes, if you could have safely attained 149 mph on the vacant open stretches that interstate, that hospital would have been grateful. They ran through the halls with the boxes.

Volunteers are all EMT/Firefighters. EVOC trained with additional training.

Law Enforcement says no problem as long as it’s safe.

Driving 100+ mph in an Expedition is not safe, traffic or not.

Tell that to LE!
Tell that to the Police Department who wants their Expeditions’ governor speeds increased. (Their Fordealer refuses.)
Also tell the Fordealerships who say the governor is set at a speed below what is unsafe. (safety margin)

I dislike high speeds. Wastes fuel and makes pollution.

Also I am concerned about stress andamage to the drivetrain.
(Engine was fine - well within normal RPM range, temperature normal, not straining at all.)

But I am concerned about transmission cooling, (no temperature gauge), driveshaft flexion, transfer case, U-joint failure, tire blowout.

Drive thExpedition at 100 mph and see how smooth, quiet and stable it is.
Then say it is unsafe.

Nonetheless, I don’t like doing that to any four-wheel-drivehicle.
(Kansas farmer acquaintence says he routinely drives his 2006 Expediton to Denver at 100mph)

High output engine, cop tires, cop shocks, cop brakes.

I have just the thing:

I tend to agree. Speed laws in some areas are ridiculously conservative. Montana was a nice exception when they had me doing 80 on a highway, because Montana has figured out that a 100 mile straight with no other cars on it can (and should) be traveled at a high rate of speed.

That said, just because I happen to know that I could do 90 all day safely in my MR2 does not mean that it’s smart to do so in an area where the speed limit is 65 and most people are hovering between 70 and 75.

There is such a thing as speed-differential danger, and I don’t wish to contribute to it. And unlike when I have that MR2 on a race track, the people I would be whizzing by at 90mph are not used to having their doors blown off on the freeway, and might do something stupid which causes a wreck.

When you stop thinking of yourself and your self-appraised status as a Driving God, you start getting worried about the other people on the road with you (who are, of course, Driving Morons) and what they might do in response to your speed runs.

Long story short: I’ll be happy to drive 80 or 90 when they up the speed limit to that, but until then, it’s dangerous even if I personally am capable of handling such speed.

Veyron :wink:

I wish we had a volunteer with a Corvette.

If you sold the Expedition you could easily purchase a used Lighting which would have far more cargo capacity. And you could go 145+ MPH! Fuel economy would be about the same, and no 4WD, but like you said you only need it .001% of the time.

So what’s the hold up?

As soon as we get rid of it, we’ll get a blizzard and get stuck.

I’d rather buy a Cessna 152

"Drive thExpedition at 100 mph and see how smooth, quiet and stable it is.
Then say it is unsafe. "

Sorry to disagree again. You put a vehicle through a series of accepted emergency maneuvers at the intended travel speed, then “say it’s safe”.

We’re NOT putting any of the vehicles through anything like that.
Merely traveling on a most flat, smooth, dry interstate.

I would prefer a wagon.

I wonder what would happen on this forum if I revealed my highest speed attained on a deserted public road?

You guys give flack to someone trying to save someones life on here… so I could only imagine…

I wont say how fast, but I wasnt in a car…My username should answer your questions… and my vehicle wasnt shall we say…exactly stock?

Remember, no actual speed has been revealed here… But I wonder… I can hear the panties getting in a bunch from here

This gent was trying to SAVE SOMEONES LIFE…GIVE HIM A BREAK…OOOOH 103Mph… I see people doing that on the PA tpk all the time.

I can MOON WALK 103 Mph…thats nothing to get worried about

I tend to agree. I am 68 years old, and under the conditions he describes, I could also do what he is doing.

ABSOLUTELY!

That Camry wasnt even breathing hard…and forget about the Hybrid part…That system doesnt even come into play at those speeds…that system is an “assist” The Hybrid part of that car was totally ASLEEP above 80 MpH… That Camry could do 125 all day long without breaking a sweat (without electronic limiters)… C’mon people…

I agree with you that I also have gone faster than he has, and to top it off, I’ve probably gone faster than he has on the very same stretches of road here in Colorado.

The big issue is that he’s using the wrong vehicle for the job at the task he’s performing, on public roads. He’s also asked us previously how to make his truck faster than the limiter allows, and asked about making goofy modifications to it.

I don’t know how much actual blood he typically transports during his deliveries, but I doubt he needs a vehicle that large to do so. He could probably trade his big SUV for an Audi Allroad, which will give him better handling, AWD, higher speed, and better fuel economy all in one shot, along with still being able to carry the same amount of blood he currently delivers (its a wagon).

He thinks he’s safe, and I don’t want to hear about him on the news one day.

BC.

Sorry, I haven’t read all the posts, because this is a regular question.

use an airplane or helicopter . Why a Camry Hybrid , ever heard of a Corvette?

You are trying to be green in an emergency? I live in a county with 7500 people. We have 3 ambulances than haul butt. You have to have more fundraisers.Quit playing around.

I wish you would drive like a sane person. A Vette would just enable you to do dumber things.