Top speed of 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

HB, as a motorcycle rider myself, I resent the hell out of cagers who put my life at risk. This guy drives an Expedition at speeds in excess of 100 MPH with tires he over-inflates for improved fuel economy. He had to be brow-beaten in order to spring for rims to fit four donated winter tires, of which he was only going to mount two. He has repeatedly asked for our opinions about his poor choices, and then argued against sound logical reasoning. Lately, he has admitted that he pulls into oncoming traffic lanes before making a left turn where there is no turn lane.

You only know half the story. If you knew the rest, you might agree that this is just the latest in a long line of bad decisions.

It it nice that he volunteers to do what he does? Of course. Is it ethical that he puts his and other lives at risk on a frequent basis? To me, it isn’t. To help others, you have to take care of yourself first. If you don’t survive the effort, you won’t be around to help the next person who needs it.

OH OH OOOOOH…I SEE said the Blind man…Thank you Whitey and Bladecutter for clueing me in…LOL…AW man!!! I see your points vividly… Jeez…You guys make solid and very real points here… Damn straight an Audi All Road will do this duty with Aplomb…man I can think of a dizzying melange of vehicles I would rather have under my ass if I knew I was in the regular biz of high speed travel for a good cause with no repercussions from Johnny Law.

Hell if I knew I was regularly going to be given a free pass for speeding bec of a blood package I was carrying…I could come up with a BIG LISTING of Urban Assault Vehicles… The list COULD BE VERY LONG and NEVER EVER have the words HYBRID…CAMRY…OR EXPEDITION in the list

My GOD… You have basically every Porsche in the lineup since 1999…Most every Audi from 2002 and on…Any Corvette from 98 and up…ANY BMW…almost any Year…lol… The list would go on… and the mfg list would grow… Even Mustangs…would easily CRUSH the 103MPH barrier… Man get the right tool and PROPERLY DELIVER THAT BLOOD IN HALF THE TIME… C’mon MON…

For 08’ Ford Expedition money…the list would STILL be Extensive…

YES…change up your vehicle…PLEASE…For US and the patients… You obviously know you will be doing this again…so get yourself a proper utensil. The suggestions off those retired Police interceptors arent a bad idea…and you could buy a FLEET of them with 08 Exped money…

PLEASE trade up to the proper road weapon...and it sounds like ANY high speed tool will do since Blood is your main sidekick....even if you were carrying something else....anything besides full cadavers would mean you could get ANY car you wish...and if it were Cadavers then I'd have to ask ......Whats the rush?

If its just blood I will lend you my Blackbird…Have you ever been over 200Mph before?.. Hold on to your hat bro

Still need four-wheel-drive when roads are closed in town or between cities due to snow and blizzards.

Few emergent deliveries are fortunatenough to be on dry, smooth, open highway/interstate with sparse traffic.
Most often vehicles are in both/all lanes.
Drivers kindly do well at clearing a path, but still progress may be limited to 80 mph to 30 mph or less depending on congestion. (Posted speed is 75 outside of cities.)

With rear seats down, SUV has enough flat space for heart/lung machine or blood pump.
Camry is able to take 10 blood boxes or 7 platelet boxes.

Would be nice to have the perfect vehicles, buthese are some of the vehicles the EMT/firefighter volunteers have.

Whitey, how is your life at risk if you are passed at 85 mph when you are doing 75 mph posted speed - if you are. (On several occasions motorcycles disappeared out of sight.)(Wished they could have delivered the single boxes.)

Three rims donated. Fourth purchased and four aggressive winter tires purchased and now on the Expedition.

Yes, M/S tires at 44 psi Max listed on the tires at end of life had about 2 mm more wear in middle of the tread than outsides.

Yes, for years have been decelerating in opposing lane to not slow semis and other vehicles directly behind me. Thought my invention but learned it is common in the West and China.

Any decent car based, instead of truck based Suv will fill your needs, if you get out of this notion that 103mph is reasonable in the vehicles you drive.

Is there a car-based SUV with a big enough flat area?
Wish we had something which gets better than 19.2 mpg (what reads out on odometer) and easier to maneuver between lanes of congested traffic - though so far that has never been a problem.

If too fast, why does Ford set Expedition governor at 103 mph?
Ford said even that is conservative - something about a “safety margin”.

I’m a motorcyclist.
I see them, especially if I am heading the wrong way into one’s path.
If sight distance is not sufficient, then you don’t decelerate in his/her opposing lane.
No miracle.

Get a used Silverado SS. More flat storage area than an Expedition, all wheel drive, and it can go 130+ MPH.

Thanks. Sometimes I mistakenly call square,xponential.

Now you tell me!
Wouldn’t a pickup be dangerous at high speeds and moreasily get stuck in deep snow?
Also, items must be maintained at room temperature.

I still don’t understand why you want a green or fuel efficient vehicle for emergencies.

All that can be deducted at tax time. Your mission is to accomplish the mission without killing yourself or another volunteer.

I hate to say this, but a Subaru AWD or Audi Quattro is in the ballpark of your criteria.
Maintenance is another issue.

Most often the vehicle is driven normally, in everyday activities, which for me is less than the speed limit.
On STATransports I drive the speed limit when conditions permit.

Can I not do the maintenance on a Subaru or Audi Quattro?
(Displeased that I cannot even check the transmission fluid on the Expedition.)

Maintenance includes repairs, not just checking fluid levels.

Front struts on a camry will run approx. $1200 to replace, and a tune up on an Expedition is up there, so I guess a Subaru or Audi is in the same ballpark for maintenance.

Displeased that I cannot even check the transmission fluid on the Expedition.

One final question before I sign off. Why do you make so many of your comments sound like Yoda ?

Who be Yoda?
(yes, I really don’t know)

Wrench, in addition to fluids, I do repairs/replacements/tuneups - if I can.
Would like to knowhy Ford does not allow examination of the transmission fluid.
How can one discern level and quality?

Haha. I don’t believe in fairytales.

It’s nothat difficult to see oncoming vehicles, especially when searching for them.
If you can’tell for sure, you don’t move into the opposing lane.

103 mph isn’t really that fast at all, although if I were doing what Robert was doing for a living I wouldn’t routinely be doing it in an Expedition. If you really need something on hand with 4WD capability, trade that beast in for BMW 330xi or 328xi wagon if you need more room. These cars are just beginning to warm up at 100mph. Hell of a lot safer and tons more fun.
For all you people who think 103 is too fast, get in the right lane. It’s you who putt putt along going 55 in the left lane that makes our country’s roads unsafe. Move over!

Good one!
Yes, all religions are man-made myth.
Wife and I are deists. We don’t fall for anyone’s fairytales, no matter which of the myriad flavors: Islam, Catholicism, Christianity, Moronism, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc., etc…
We don’t count on luck or God to prevent collisions.
We look and confirm if clear.

We don’t fall for anyone’s fairytales

Yet you feel that inflating your tires to the maximum psi they are rated to handle and not what the engineers who designed your car in the first place say, is a good policy. You also seem to be overly concerned about the polution your full sized V8 powered, 4WD SUV gives off. I find that hiliarous.

“Putt-putter” describes me, usually 50 to 55 mph, ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT LANE.
If single lane, and traffic behind, I speed up to the speed limit.

Th.is all-volunteer. No pay.

What would those BMWs cost?