Top speed of 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

80 is a maximum speed limit in some places.
Ambulances travel greater than 90 in open expanses on interstates and highways.

The law sets no limit. Law Enforcement says no problem as long as it’s safe.
I have gone through State Patrol speed traps. (I would like to have learned whathey measured compared to what the speedometer read.)

Speed limit laws are arcane, and in cases such as this do not necessarily apply.
I drive the Mass Pike regularly, and traffic frequently moves along at 85 MPH, despite the speed limit. It’s not unusual to be moving along with a group of cars doing 90.
Besides, this board is not about traffic laws, it is about cars, and in this particular case “General Discussions”, which the OPs question certainly is.

That’s because most of us don’t have the maturity of a teenager.

Now open, Toyota dealer service technicians say 110 mph.
I was concerned about damaging the engine and being out in the middle of nowhere, causing an even greater delay in delivery.

Dealer personnel said next time just go up to the maximum speed the computer allows. It won’t damage anything. (But there may be traffic or road conditions that won’t allow reaching the maximum speed.)

No need for speed rated tires because still under the tire speed rating of 112.
Oversized brakes not needed because we coast to a lower speed before nearing traffic.
If used, brakes are applied at typical highway speeds.
No handling package needed because we drive smoothly and gently - no aggressive accelerations, no high speeds around curves or corners, etc.

To increase safety and to save fuel, I drive at lower speeds. (50 in 55 mph zones)
But in medical emergencies in open expanses with no traffic, why not go faster?

The dealer technician said that after the hospital called back, I should have just increased the speed to what the Camry Hybrid allowed.

The top speed of the Camary Hybrid is 119 MPH

However you would find hard pressed to find a vehicle more unsuitable for what you are prosping. A BMW 3/5 series would be a far better choice for sustained high speeds. If you need some storage capcity then opt for a Ford Lightning pickup.

I drive the Mass Pike regularly, and traffic frequently moves along at 85 MPH, despite the speed limit. It’s not unusual to be moving along with a group of cars doing 90.

Unless you’re driving the Mass Pike at 2am…then driving at 85 IS ENDANGERING the lives of everyone around you. I too drive the Mass Pike many many times a year…It’s NOT a good road…Many blind spots…two lanes most of the way…and there’s usually a LOT of cars on the road MOST of the time.

Thank you.
One technician said 120 mph. (Now I must look at the speed rating on the tires.)
(That hospital would have preferred that I had gone 119mph.)
Would be nice if we could afford the vehicles you mention, but we are all volunteers using privately owned vehicles.
The items transported must be inside in room temperature.
Hospitals have requested transports in terrible snow conditions and blizzards, so 4WD is used though < .001% of the time.
Camry is used whenever possible when roads are dry.

Which is it? 10 mph or 15 mph?
When driving emergent, you should be looking ahead at pavement conditions and traffic, not at a speedometer.
The law here sets no limit.

When there are miles of straight road and no traffic, why only 10 mph over the speed limit, (which is conservatively posted)?

We drive as conditions permit. In thick fog, I turned off the rotating lights and went 5 mph because any faster I would hit someone/something by the time seen.
At night I have to slow in consideration of elk andeer.
Slow approaching traffic because you never knowhat someone will do.

Thanks forth added info. The point Robert keeps avoiding is…he’s not qualified, the vehicles, trucks and hybrids are not appropriate. Robert now wants to travel in the left lane in a “dO not pass area”. (from other post)
We now have prima facia evidences that Robert is now admitting to being a habitual offender in traffic violations. Where is a cop when you need one ?

If high speed is a concern, buy a vehicle designed to do it well. Get a Corvette

My vote still goes for something with a police package. Perhaps Crown Vic or a Charger with a Hemi. Police package Tahoe if replacing the Expedition.

How much would a police package Tahoe cost?
Any used ones available?

But remember, the vehicles are just cruising smoothly along at higher speeds.
No maneuvering, acrobatics, hard-cornering or curves, coasting and gentle braking, etc.

Just one question. Who covers your liability for driving that fast. Insurance companies sure like to know the results of accident reports, especially if their insured is speeding. You’re a volunteer. You certainly are taking a lot for granted.I had a military I D for driving an ambulance and a police I D for driving a cruiser and my private license was never in the same jepardy yours appears to be. Both ID were obtained only after many months (years) of training and insured my conduct in the performance of my duties in the operation of vehicles and other. I hope you don’t have firm attachment for your house. Do you have an I D card for that along with the training that goes with that kind of support ? I 'd check with the hospital and your provider.

Our CEO manages that.
We have certifications through an insurance company training program.
Approaching traffic, we coast and slow. If I brake, it is at a usual highway speed.
Typically, in the left lane I’ll pass someone around ten miles mph greater than the speed at which they are traveling. (When I am retuning (always in the right lane) people are passing me at 20 to 25 mph greater speed.)

wind resistance increases with the square of speed. resistance at 100 mph = 2.3 x resistance at 65 mph.

Not sure why I’m arguing the point with you, but east of the I-84 exhange there is not a single blind spot. It is by far the best road in the state. It is 3 or 4 lanes each direction, and as most of the traffic is doing 85 there is an argument which says that driving at a slower speed than the rest of the traffic is actually a greater danger.

No, but with any luck someday you will.

And people in MA wonder why MA has the second highest insurance rates in the country.

Again, you know not of what you speak. Before we deregulated rates went down 4 years in a row. Depending on whre you live your rates either went up or down following deregulation.
That said, MA does NOT have the second HIGHEST insurance rates, we have the 5th LOWEST.