Thread scrolling problem

fyi to the internet guru staff: I’ve been noticing a problem here when scrolling, reading through a thread from top to bottom. As I near the bottom, for no apparent reason I’m placed back to near the top of the thread. Windows w/ Chrome 119 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Yes, I have noticed something similar, with an unexpected “bounce” back to a much earlier post. Also Windows, via Chrome.

Edited to clarify my version of Chrome:
Version 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

It’s been happening to me quite a bit with Chrome 118 on Windows 11.

Now that I think of it, another problem started around the same time, so I’ll mention it because it could be related. In a topic that I’m tracking, after I read all the way to the bottom and return to the list of topics, sometimes that topic still has a red number next to it even though I’m obviously caught up on it.

1 Like

I don’t have that problem. I use the Duck Duck Go browser. As a bonus, there are significantly fewer ads and no cookies. You can clear the history folder and close the app by present the burn icon.

1 Like

Not sure what that means.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had some freezing issues too. Thought it was my Wi-Fi.

Not having a problem with Win 11 and Edge.

1 Like

There is a little flame in the upper right corner of the browser. If you click on it all the windows will close and all browser history is erased. It is between a ‘+’ sign used to open another window and a square with the number of open windows inside. I took a picture of this window to show the three icons in the upper right.

1 Like

I’ve been having the issue for a while also, but it normally marks where you were on the side red scroll thingy that tells you what post you are on…

Window something and Google Chrome…
Also very hard to read when the add in the scroll gets bigger or smaller call your post you are reading moves up/down and you have to find your place again, probably harder for me than most others… I don’t like reading… lol

Not in chrome, at least my version as that was the browser in the op. Happens to me also.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this for quite some time. I believe it is due to the in-stream ads that get refreshed, causing it to go backwards. It is very frustrating sometimes when it happens repeatedly in a particular thread and you cannot seem to scroll past the offending post to get to the content posted after it.

2 Likes