TheOldWrench.com - a new car forum

+1

dkg2utoo, please try again, things should be working now.

Kinda reminds me of the story about the lawyer in a small town . . when he was the only lawyer, he could charge what he wanted and his advice was “the word”. Another lawyer moved into town and the charges got more reasonable, the advice got better, and a second point of view was helpful for the townspeople. Hope this makes both sites a good resource for folks and their car problems. Rocketman

Bump

I’m in. Thanks.

bump

Great!
very nice and clean and most important very organized i like that.
i sign in yo read the post and topics i like to learn about cars and the new forum seems to be great

Thanks Jorge! Glad you like it, happy to have you there!

You know, I find it odd (well, not really) but none of the Car Talk lackeys have come by to yell, scream, or remove this thread yet… Oh well. Guess they’re busy making the animations to fill the red borders… how much does anyone want to bet that the animations will cause everyone’s machines to slow down to a Yugo-like crawl?

Ummmmm, do we really care?

Well, I certainly don’t. I’m just sayin’.

Nice going Jad! Another good resource for us hapless car owners to get good help. Much appreciated, as is the time and effort of all the regulars to read and answer questions from us non-techies.

Marnet

Bump.

Thanks Marnet, looking forward to seeing you there!

I’m not dissin’ you Mr.Proctor, just diggin’ at this site.

Bump, bump

Any of you remember that silly dance from the '70s called “The Bump”?

Yeah, but then we show our age!

Bump, bump, bumpetty bump. Yuk yuk.

Hey Old Wrench,
Didja see the deal on yahoo today from Consumer Reports about best and worst cars to maintain??? Where do they get the numbers? I went to CR’s website and can’t see how it costs that much to keep any car…
I do all my own maintenance and so my costs are low…but I still don’t get it.
Paul