TheOldWrench.com - a new car forum

I’m thrilled you all like the new site. Looking forward to some good times there! (and more stories and tech tips from ok4450 :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I’m happy to change anything the software allows me to customize.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I’m happy to change anything the software allows me to customize.

How about some nice big red borders, a lot of empty space to the left of the post area, and removing those pesky navigation buttons? Wait, I think someone already has a site like that! (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

I heard that the red borders are going to serve a purpose. They’re seasonal. In October there will be little pumpkins dancing around in them. November, turkeys. December, Santa making a snow angel with Rudolph looking on. LOL

transman

Bump

Ok. I got a long weekend, I’ll try and remember how some of the vehicles drove and start some topics there

Excellent beginnings, Jad.

I couldn’t resist posting a few.

I KNEW Santa was a dirty old man! C’mon, c’mon delete delete.

Nice looking site.
I just registered to add some German flavor.

Benzman

Time for another bump.

I’m going to call it the NYBump LOL

transman

I like it! :slight_smile:

Hope everyone has enjoyed my reviews so far. If you have any complaints or questions, feel free to post in there

Bumping this, hopefully more will take notice, particularly the admins here. Still baffled that they eschewed a standard BB software package to write their own. We were told there would be more interactive features that tied in with the show in switching to the new board. Instead there is a ton of unmoderated, cobbled together posting with little organization.

I think the marketing of this new site needs to start. While it would be nice if the bleed-off from this one site could feed its growth that’s not going to happen. Everyone needs to start linking it up with other sites and boards. Do that enough times and you’ll start showing up in search results eventually.

That’s a good point Dave…I’m not too good at that part, if you have anything specific I can do, please let me know.

I think it’s up to all of us Jad to help this new board along, as you shouldn’t have to bear the entire burden. Folks should make mention of the wrench in a positive and non-competitive way on other auto boards, so folks will take a peek. I would assume many folks here are members of other forums whether its bob the oil guy, or your favorite forum for your brand of car. The burden is on everyone to give it their best sales pitch and provide a link. More importantly, if people spot a post from someone knowledgeable on another board-send that person a private message in an effort to recruit them.

Getting a forum going is like trying to start a fire by rubbing sticks together: lots of effort in the beginning, but once it gets going it really takes off.

Those are some great thoughts. I appreciate everything you and others are doing, and I’ll do my part to try to make the new site a great one for everyone.

I agree the first part will be the toughest but then it should be smooth sailing once we’re past that.

I tried to register, but the site didn’t recognize my password. I emailed for a new one two times, but login failed both times.
I give up on the old wrench. I didn’t see a way to contact the site administrator.

dkg2utoo: I’ve mentioned this issue to the Old Wrench administrator. Hopefully it can be rectified shortly.

Another excellent forum just around the corner. Yea!

Old Wrench, go, go, go…