Sluggish forum-site response

Next time you get a bad ad (P), try clicking on the AdChoices for the ad in question and you should be able keep it from coming back…

I would also be wondering what these other people are looking at on your computer also… Check history to see if there is anytime line missing after whoever has been on the computer, as they could be clearing the history… just a thought…

I posted the image so the moderators could see it, but one of the posters here insisted I delete it immediately b/c it was so objectionable. How can I show it to the moderators unless I’m able to post it?

You could do a Private message to John Goreham but I doubt if he could do anything about it. I think the problem is on your end .

1 Like

Good idea. I’ll try that. I seem to have figured out a work-around in the meantime. Deleting the browsing history before logging into Car Talk doesn’t eliminate the objectionable ads. But it appears if I delete the complete (for all time) browsing history (& cookies) after logging in, that seems to be working. I have to log back in again is all.

What security/antivirus software are you running?

Network installation, managed by the network’s IT staff.

Your employer lets you spend time on Car Talk at work, or at least use their laptop at home for personal purposes? My employers wouldn’t allow that because of inadvertent HW/SW corruption of some sort.

Me thinks we have found the problem .

fyi, I think I’ve found at least a partial solution for the sluggish forum response & high memory usage message problem which seems to develop the longer you stay connected to this website:

Delete previously stored browsing data. What I do, on Chrome, click the three vertical dots, upper right, then “delete browsing data”, check mark “browsing history”, “cookies”, and “cached images”, then under “time range” select “all time”. You’ll have to sign back on again. There may be other downsides, but I haven’t encountered any.