Problems with the website

I use Kaspersky anti-virus and run malware bytes…I do a quick scan everyday and a clean computer here…The thing I like with Kaspersky is if you go to an infected website, it blocks you with a red banner and asks you to get out of there. There are so many programs out there so use the one you like.

I use Kaspersky anti-virus and run malware bytes…I do a quick scan everyday and a clean computer here…The thing I like with Kaspersky is if you go to an infected website, it blocks you with a red banner and asks you to get out of there. There are so many programs out there so use the one you like.

Can the mods do something about the pop ups that are now appearing at the bottom of the screen?

I tried adding that company (Gum Gum/Verity) to my pop up blocker, but that didn’t help. As fast as I click on the X to remove these ads, they reappear, blocking part of the response window.

2 Likes

I sent the managing editor Julie a message about this ad problem . Will it do any good , we will see.

2 Likes

Advertising pays the bills here, so we all have to live with them for the forum to continue. But ad’s placed in between posts, as part of the normal thread, are more forum-friendly than advert pop-ups appearing at the bottom of the page. And I’d guess the in-line ads are equally or possibly even more effective than pop-ups at generating interest for the advertiser’s products.

In the early days of the internet an infamous pop-up kept appearing on almost every web page, for something called the “X Cam”. I think the X Cam still exists, but I haven’t seen an X Cam popup ad in ages, presumably b/c that idea didn’t work as well as other more user-friendly advert schemes.