Posting issues

What platform are you using the site from? The edit box issue happened last time, too.

On my android the ads interfere with content making it unreadable. Sometimes at random and at first it seemed to happen when I scrolled to the bottom of page. That’s when I could not get access to content without exiting then returning to site.

@tcmichnorth Thanks for this - can you by any chance take a screenshot and post it? I need to share it to make sure it’s addressed.

Yup!
That one has been showing-up for a couple of days. The one that I keep getting is for their wall paint.

Sure, next time it happens

1 Like

@TwinTurbo Thanks. Are you finding that the ads don’t dismiss if you tap the x?

Sometimes they do not respond to multiple taps. It’s also a minuscule target to hit. Other times might take one tap if I’ve waited long enough. Even if they worked every time, are not the half dozen embedded ads enough? Installing a pesky advert that has a tiny dismiss button that generates enough inadvertant clicks is tempting I’m sure but it really is enough of a pita to lower interest in participating imo…especially if you’re on a tablet or phone…

3 Likes

HA. I opened up car talk and saw your post and thought my phone was doing it again, so I screenshot your screen shot and almost sent it before I realized it was your post.

1 Like

@tcmichnorth and @TwinTurbo are you still having the same issue with Android and the ad blocking the reply box?

Yesterday it was. First logon this morning it appears to be repositioned, embedded below the header? But there was no separate ad box covering your content. Hope it is permanently that way, time will tell. Thanks for being attentive and responsive to our concerns, very much appreciated!

Still popping up with Chrome on my laptop but far easier to dismiss.

Short lived…

Hasn’t happened since I mentioned it, but I’ve been busy out of town for awhile and haven’t been here much. Will let you know.

@cdaquila I’m running into an increasingly frequent problem when writing a comment that it begins sending it to a draft every few seconds. It becomes very difficult to finish composing a comment.

This happens using an Android phone running Chrome.

1 Like

@TwinTurbo short lived meaning the problem, as initially described and screenshotted, has returned?

@tcmichnorth thanks, hope you enjoyed your time away.

@marnet, does this appear to be connected to the ad phenomenon, or this is a separate issue? Are any of the rest of you chrome/android/phone users having the same trouble? I’m trying to suss out what is an ad issue and what is a discourse issue, which determines who gets the email.

@cdaquila This is separate from the ad issue. Usually it occurs when composing a long post. But it has happened a few times on brief posts.

It began after a major Chrome update a couple of months ago. I will note that that particular update messed up many settings preferences on my Android phone affecting multiple apps such as contacts, email both Yahoo and GMail, Facebook and Messenger, etc. Ad interference with viewing reading of content on all internet websites, primarily news sites, became very prominent after that Chrome update, including here on the Cartalk forum.

Doing it to me too. I couldn’t post from my phone just now because an ad was covering the “reply” button even after Google closed the ad.

2 Likes

I’m still getting it too.
I can reply, but sometimes the advertisement blocks the reply button.
Using an iPad. Current update.

Thank you, I can pass these comments along. If you’re able to send screenshots, I will also share. Sorry for the trouble.

1 Like