Nissan remote power lock opens windows

They didn’t disclose it when I bought my '07 Pathfinder, nor is it in the owner’s manual, but if you hold the “unlock” button down on the remote for more than five seconds, the car windows go down. This happens even if it is raining or snowing or a thief is walking by. I discovered this the hard way. Like every male driver in America, I carry my keys (and remote fob) in my pocket, where the errant key or coin can press against the fob buttons. Imagine the surprise you get when you come out of the restaurant to find your car windows down. Nissan says they can’t fix it and my dealer has been no help. He says it is an intentional “design feature”. (So I guess the Nissan engineers all ride the subway in Tokyo instead of actually driving cars?) I paid extra for the remote lock/unlock function and want to use it.

Anyone have a fix for this very irritating problem?

I don’t have a fix for this. My Lincoln LS does this too, but it is shown as a feature in the owner’s manual. Also if you put the key in the door and hold it the windows all roll up or down, depending on if you hold it to lock or unlock. I think the feature is there to help quickly cool the inside of the car down.

My 07’ Accord has that feature.

My wife’s '08 Altima has this same feature, which we discovered the same way you did. However, it IS described in the owner’s manual of her car. But no way to disable it. I also tend to set off the panic alarm by mistake.

The only answer is to be more careful with the remote. It’s poorly designed, IMHO.

I do this by opening the driver’s door, starting the car and running the AC full blast, wait a few seconds until the air is cold, then shut the door and drive off.

“I do this by opening the driver’s door, starting the car and running the AC full blast, wait a few seconds until the air is cold, then shut the door and drive off.”

But you don’t have that stifling heat for the few moments your in the car before you start it. If you just hate the door and seat belt alarms, you need to get in, close the door, put the belt on, insert the key, and start the car. That’s a minute of searing heat in the afternoon around here. It’s been 96 lately; I’ll bet the temperature inside the car is 150+.

Or just roll down the windows with the remote as you approach the car. It’s amazing how fast the cabin cools off.

I find that if I keep the keys by themselves I don’t have a problem. I’ve had my Honda Accord for 3 years and never rolled the windows down by mistake.